My client are a high-growth Series A funded SaaS Martech company made up of a happy bunch of some 100+ people on the verge of a huge scale-up in 2022.
My clients customers (including big brands such as Farfetch, Huel, Bloom & Wild and Nutmeg) love their product and want more of it - which means they need to double the size of their Product and Engineering teams in 2022.
This referral marketing engine gives out rewards worth millions of pounds and serves hundreds of thousands of daily users. The platform recently peaked at 900 requests per second and holds billions of rows of performance data for 400+ clients; it's growing so fast this business has introduced machine learning and are building out a data science team to build an amazing product.
My client anticipate 100% growth in headcount during 2022 - from 100 > 200 people.
My client want to increase 3 product teams to 6 by the end of the year.
This means there is plenty of development to be had and a lot of room for career opportunities.
To enable the next growth phase my client need to hire an additional Senior Tech Lead with a minimum lovable product mindset (like us) who is comfortable talking product with stakeholders and customers alike; someone who enjoys working across the business as they help solve day to day growing SaaS business challenges; whilst building out their product vision.
Currently, the teams are made up of 3-5 software engineers, product manager, UX designer and QA engineer; working alongside a SRE team who own infrastructure and the tooling to ensure quick and smooth deployment.
What you can expect in your first 12 months:
Lead a high-performing engineering team, build great software and support your teams in daily, weekly and fortnightly rituals
Support and coach teams to hit goals and celebrate whilst ensuring performance is on track
Lead by example, including getting involved by coding around 50% of the time
Evaluate business value to prioritise your product work
Participate in the recruitment of new engineers
Support engineers in making good technical decisions
The evolving tech stack currently looks like this:
A Majestic Monolith: PHP (Symfony) using SQS, KMS and various other AWS services and deployed in ECS (Fargate)
Python for data science and Typescript on the back end.
Frontend: React, Typescript & GraphQL
Data platform: MySQL on Amazon RDS with DynamoDB and BigQuery to deliver rapid querying across billions of rows of data.
Infrastructure management: AWS + Terraform and Docker
Sound like this could be the making of you?
It's an amazing time to join this business, working alongside a well respected head of Product ( from NI ) - as you can imagine with all this success the whole company is buzzing.
If you're an excellent Tech Lead, who is wondering what it feels like to work on a product that is so good we had to double in size to keep up, then get in touch!
Here's why you should join this business.
My client are big on culture and strive to make this Software House a great place to work.
You can expect:
- A competitive package, plus options in a growing scale-up
- Personal development, including training and conference budgets, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays every year, as well as an extra day off for every year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
As well as:
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding work, including the monthly Wheel of Wow, Unsung Hero and termly Founders' Award for Awesomeness. Prizes include £500 cash, meals out and even trips away
- A work-life balance. We encourage lunch breaks, regularly work from home, and are open to flexible working
- Weekly online yoga classes
- Sessions with a qualified therapist through Spill
- An amazing office, complete with drinks fridge and snacks cupboard
- Regular social events, from chocolate-tasting and pottery-making, to poker nights and picnics
- Subsidised gym memberships and Classpass
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ryan Quinn in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for: Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…