Salary - 75-85
Location - NI based - Hybrid
Benefits - Bonus + health insurance
VANRATH are pleased to be working with a relatively new company to NI who are looking for a Senior SRE (Package 90k+) to come and join the team. They are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our team building and supporting scalable, secure, resilient infrastructure iAWS and other cloud providers. You will be an invaluable resource for our tech teams, our writers and editors, and the readership of the largest business news site in the world, providing awesome infrastructure, purposeful metrics, and actionable alerts to ensure they run a great site.
They are a passionate and collaborative group building the infrastructure that enables our teams to safely deploy multiple times per day across a fleet of micro services. We offer a great work environment and excellent benefits with a collaborative team.
Who You Are:
- You have built and supported resilient cloud applications at scale.
- You excel in many technologies in the lands of systems and CI/CD such as, Kubernetes and terraform; and code effectively in programming languages such as Bash, Python, or Go, particularly in system automation and monitoring.
- You are familiar with the tools, concepts, and principles used to implement effective automation, configuration management, monitoring.
- You are effective at communicating in a fast-paced environment with other engineers and product managers.
- You have professional systems operation experience in a production environment.
What you will do:
- Serve as a member of the SRE team while managing overall system health, performance, and capacity of systems.
- Mentor other team members, helping them learn and grow as SREs.
- Manage and improve our global AWS services and infrastructure.
- Document work and processes to remove knowledge silos.
- Troubleshoot application and system issues, while communicating status to the rest of the team.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure that new architecture keeps manageability, delivery, and operability in mind.
- Add the minimal amount of complexity to monitor, deploy, and scale a continuously growing environment.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.