I met a candidate for lunch recently that joined this same team 3 months ago, in that period of time he has received training in Linux, Docker and is now moving onto GCP certifications! He said its the best move he's ever made! If you are a mid Level developer that wants a hybrid product and devops role this is a fantastic option for you.
Feel free to reach out to me directly on LinkedIn for a confidential discussion.
The chosen candidate will join the client's specialist Global DevOps Team in Belfast, where they will work in the Engineering and Execution division. This team places a major emphasis on the 'Dev' side of DevOps.
We're searching for a developer that can contribute to many apps by developing features and fixes, automating deployments, and providing application support using core Java abilities, Chef, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, and Jenkins, to mention a few of the technologies we work with.
Our agile approach to technology delivery relies heavily on internal mobility and adaptability. Throughout their career, the chosen applicant will play a critical role in advancing our technological success, with opportunity to work on a variety of projects and technologies outside of their initial team and specialisation.
- Enhancements and bug fixes for essential internal applications
- Creating tools and reports to aid in the identification, analysis, and resolution of application issues.
- In collaboration with other support staff and development teams, troubleshoot application production issues.
- Management and automation of deployments (Building, documenting, ensuring quality and supporting releases into live customer facing environments).
- Demonstrations and knowledge transfers to stakeholders are used to collaborate on product development and application documentation.
- Code reviews, refactoring, clean coding, and automation are all examples of best development practises.
- Story planning, estimates, and retrospectives are all used in agile development.
- Through openness and transparency, teamwork may develop a climate of collaboration and invention.
- Mindset of continuous improvement (i.e., opportunities for innovation, process improvements, and automation).
- Internal and external training provide opportunities for continuous development.
- Internal SDLC and information are used with a security-first attitude.
- Hands-on coding experience in a story-driven, agile environment.
- Prior employment experience in the financial services/exchange industry.
- Working knowledge of BDD methodology and automated acceptance criteria is a plus.
- Prior experience with Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian products.
Salary - Above market
- 15% bonus
- 20% pension (10% personal contribution)
- Unlimited access to GCP certifications & training
- 25 days holiday allowance + NI Holidays
- Private medical/Dental cover
- Gym Membership
- Enhanced Salary sacrifice scheme