Following a $1 billion investment from Google, 2022 is shaping up to be an exciting year for this distinguished Client...That's correct, Google! In addition to the investment, the client has entered into a long-term collaboration with Google to transition its worldwide technological infrastructure to Google Cloud. As part of the partnership the client is also helping Google shape the future of ultra low latency on the cloud...This is a super rewarding role with an equally super all round package!
Feel free to reach out to me directly on LinkedIn for a confidential chat.
£65,000 - £75,000
- Relaxed Hybrid
- 15% bonus
- 20% pension
- Unlimited access to GCP certifications & training
- 25 days holiday allowance + NI Holidays
- Private medical/Dental cover
- Gym Membership
Offers products and technology services that are well-known in the retail and institutional financial markets around the world. With over a billion users, it's a fantastic opportunity to work on well-known products at scale.
The Ideal Person
- Experience in Core programming languages - Java, Python, C++.
- Highly driven to write elegant code
- AWS, GCP, Azure Cloud technology
- Keen to sit exams in Google Cloud
As a Senior Engineer you will:
- Working within a team to design all aspects of a project; app design, test design, observability, metrics, and CICD.
- Exhibits language proficiency and independently writes application modules and unit tests as well as designs independently. Contributes to architectural discussions. Interprets and enforces architecture for a development team. Mentors junior developers and is an influential member within the team.
- Defines key metrics driving code optimisation and drives code reviews; Manages environment build deployments, release notes and build notices; Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects as well as identify solution problems and issues outside code.
- Influences best practices development, contributing to process enhancements, and leads by example.
- Expertise in core Java development skills
- Working knowledge on cloud applications
- Passion to keep up with tech trends and continually learning
- Ability to learn, adapt and react to business needs & technology problems
- Experience with data architecture
- Experience developing applications in Cloud environment (GCP is a huge plus)
- Experience testing in a story-driven, agile environment.
- Prior experience working in financial services/exchange space.
- Prior experience working with BDD methodologies and automated acceptance criteria.