2022 is shaping up to be an action-packed year for this highly prestigious Client following a $1 billion investment from Google…Yes that's right Google! Aside from the investment the client has also agreed a long-term partnership with Google to migrate their global technology infrastructure to Google Cloud…Fancy joining them?
£55,000 - £65,000
- Relaxed Hybrid
- 15% bonus
- 20% pension
- Unlimited access to GCP certifications & training
- 25 days holiday allowance + NI Holidays
- Private medical/Dental cover
- Gym Membership
Offer products and technology services which are recognised globally in the world of financial markets both at retail and institutional level. With over a billion user it's a great opportunity to work at scale on products that are well known.
The Ideal Person
- Experience in Core programming languages - Java, Python, C++.
- Highly driven to write elegant code
- AWS, GCP, Azure Cloud technology
- Keen to sit exams in Google Cloud
As a Senior Engineer you will:
- Working within a team to design all aspects of a project; app design, test design, observability, metrics, and CICD.
- Exhibits language proficiency and independently writes application modules and unit tests as well as designs independently. Contributes to architectural discussions. Interprets and enforces architecture for a development team. Mentors junior developers and is an influential member within the team.
- Defines key metrics driving code optimisation and drives code reviews; Manages environment build deployments, release notes and build notices; Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects as well as identify solution problems and issues outside code.
- Influences best practices development, contributing to process enhancements, and leads by example.
- Expertise in core Java development skills
- Working knowledge on cloud applications
- Passion to keep up with tech trends and continually learning
- Ability to learn, adapt and react to business needs & technology problems
- Experience with data architecture
- Experience developing applications in Cloud environment (GCP is a huge plus)
- Experience testing in a story-driven, agile environment.
- Prior experience working in financial services/exchange space.
- Prior experience working with BDD methodologies and automated acceptance criteria.