This is an exciting and challenging role which will provide the opportunity to assist the IT Systems Manager in the design and development of the College's overall server and cloud architectures and be responsible for the day to day management, maintenance and support of the College's server and cloud infrastructures. This post can be based in either Ballymena or Newtownabbey.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package of c£31,243 per annum plus holiday pay and pension.
The client is the the main provider of higher and further education and training across a diverse catchment area serving a population of over 429,000 from our campuses in Ballymena, Ballymoney, Coleraine, Magherafelt and Newtownabbey. They provide students with a life-changing, supportive and innovative experience; equipping them with the skills to compete successfully in the global workplace and meet the needs of local industry and employers.
The Ideal Person
As the IT Senior Server Officer, you will play a key role in the development and maintenance of the College server and cloud infrastructures to support the objectives of the IT Team in delivering organisation wide business services Skillset required;
- Proven experience in an IT Systems Server support and maintenance role
- Demonstrable experience of server system support gained within a multi-site IT service environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server services within a multi-site IT service environment.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, VMware, MS SQL Server Services within a multi-site IT service environment
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of server system backup and recovery.
- Experience & Knowledge of InTune security
As the IT Senior Server Officer, you will;
- Ensure that all changes to College server and cloud systems are carried out in accordance with the relevant change management policy and process.
- Responsible for the configuration, management and maintenance of the College's server and cloud systems in accordance with College requirements and agreed service levels - server and cloud systems to include, but not be limited to:
- Physical and virtual server systems both Windows and Linux based
- VMWare and Hyper-V virtual environments
- Storage SAN and NAS systems
- Storage network switches
- Cloud based infrastructures, including Office 365, Azure, etc.
- Database Solutions
- Application Services
- Data Backup/Archive Systems
- MS Windows services, e.g. Active Directory, Print Management, Group Policy Management, Web Services, etc.
- Federation Services
- Automatic Image and Software Deployment systems
- System & Network Security Systems
- Perform proactive monitoring on the quality of service provided by the College's server and cloud systems and take necessary action to prevent degradation of agreed service levels. Generate and maintain an appropriate inventory of server equipment to support the maintenance of equipment and anticipated demand within the College's Service desk system
- Support the IT Systems Manager in the development and maintenance of accurate asset inventories for server equipment.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McGrath in the strictest confidence.
A few words below with candidates I have recently worked with to help them their next career move:
"I would definitely recommend Vanrath if you are looking to secure a new job opportunity. In particular, Shannon McGrath was very helpful, providing detailed information about the role and giving timely updates and reassurance throughout the entire process. Shannon made the whole experience very easy!"
"I had a great experience with Vanrath, and in particular the help provided by Shannon McGrath was first class! She was extremely thorough in helping me land a new job and gave me all the necessary information I needed prior to the interview and afterwards. Very friendly and approachable, and I would fully recommend Shannon to anyone that needs help finding work!"