- Job Reference: RASQS080224
- Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor (Social Housing Sector)
- Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 + £6k car allowance / attractive package
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Are you looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor role? Interested in working for a leading Construction Company?
VANRATH are recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work within the Building Maintenance department for a large, leading Construction Company in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
£50,000 - £60,000 + £6k car allowance / attractive package
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be a key part of the Commercial team, leading Commercial resource covering a range of Social Housing contracts. Supported by a strong commercial team and working closely with the Regional Director and other Senior Management Team members, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will play a crucial role in providing strategic and contractual guidance to new and existing contracts.
Additionally, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will manage various stakeholder relationships and will also support with pricing & tenders.
- Developing and ensuring KPIs are in place to monitor the essential operational areas of the business
- Ensure robust Commercial policies & process are in place so to financially complete all jobs practically completed, maximise revenue and contractually required compliance documentation captured
- Strategically review contract financial performance so to ensure best practices are implemented, adhered to, and contracts profitability is maximised
- Assist in the Commercial strategic growth of the NI business via developing new & existing pipeline
- Deliver the Commercial management function for the NI business / contracts and clearly communicate the obligations and liabilities contained within all contracts to ultimately ensure that income is maximised, costs are minimised, whilst the service required is delivered to the client
- Prepare & manage the CVR process for all contracts within the region
- Manage the cash position of the region for all contracts
- Assist with tender preparation & pricing where possible
- Identifying, monitoring and reporting on risks
- Supporting the effective management and mitigation of risks at all levels (operational, financial, commercial, technical, etc.)
- Management of variation/change control
- Commercial management of key strategic subcontracts
- Responsible for confidential/commercially sensitive information
- Leading governance within the contracts to ensure that the requirements of the contract and the Business' internal governance processes are being complied with
- Identifying means to improve margin, through additional revenue, value engineering and cost mitigation techniques
- Responsible for working closely with contract accountants, understanding financial management information, interrogating financial information and using that to drive opportunity and mitigation strategy
- Aiding the quality of service by ensuring awareness of contractual responsibilities among all other colleagues (including contract deliverables, scope of services etc.)
- Assisting in the search for opportunity through efficiencies and service optimisation
- Assessing and enforcing contractual compliance (by audit and support against Minimum Commercial Standards)
- Being professional and equitable negotiators and dispute resolvers
- The requirement to ensure full commercial governance to all subcontractors
- Building strong relationships with senior Client representatives
- Supporting the identification, management and mitigation of risks at all levels associated with such a significant bidding process
- Supporting the Regional Director in the delivery of contract and company objectives
- Taking the commercial lead with clients directly to identify and resolve variations from the contract deliverables and stepping down to subcontractors where required
- Participating in new business / bid governance processes including presenting to Regional and Sector Commitment Committee and UK Commitment Committee
- Negotiating, on an equitable basis, internally and externally to ensure mitigation of risk
- Ensuring a contract review and governance framework is embedded on all contracts
- Dealing reactively in mitigation key risk areas as they arise
- Working within the operating environment to ensure Code of Conduct is thoroughly understood, adhered to and promoted across the business to ensure safe, compliant and consistent working practices
- Behaving with integrity, demonstrating professional image at all times
- To take personal responsibility & accountability for actions, constantly striving to improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never compromised
The Ideal Person:
- Suitable commercial experience within a similar industry sector
- Educated to Degree / diploma level
- Understanding and practical application of base applicable UK law
- Ideally a member of a chartered institution
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent financial acumen, ability to analyse complex data with accuracy
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience in a commercial environment
- Sound understanding of risk analysis / management
- PC Literate with knowledge of MS applications e.g. Word, Excel
- Thorough knowledge and experience of Business Assurance systems
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion
'I would highly recommend VANRATH who I found to be thoroughly helpful, informative and efficient from first point of contact. Within a week of sending my CV I had interviewed and received an offer for a new role''
''Very pleased with the service provided and extremely appreciative to VANRATH, who I'd highly recommend.''
''VANRATH was very helpful in assisting me in obtaining my new employment post. They made care to stay in touch, inform me of any updates and gave me some excellent interview advice. Thank you for all your assistance; I wouldn't think twice about using VANRATH again. Outstanding service.''