- Job Reference: RASQS141123
- Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor (Property Services)
- Rate: £Negotiable DOE + excellent benefits package
- Location: Magherafelt, Northern Ireland
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Are you looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor role? Interested in working for a leading Property Services Contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyors to work for a well respected Property Services Contractor, based in Magherafelt, Northern Ireland.
£Negotiable DOE + excellent benefits package
- Employee Perks & Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Industry leading health & wellbeing programme
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Long service awards
- Great opportunities for learning & development
Our client is a well-respected Property Services Contractor that have been operating for approximately 50 years. They specialise in property alterations and modifications, damage restoration and maintenance projects. They work with Social and Private Housing clients, Property Management Companies, Care Homes, Schools, Councils and Commercial Buildings.
Overview of Role:
Responsible for the management and performance of the Quantity Surveying functions ensuring contractual and commercial compliance of contracts and projects. Responsible for assisting and ensuring all works are delivered in line with client and internal KPI's and targets, along with ensuring the company Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental standards are achieved.
- Management of the Planned Maintenance QS Team
- Management of PM Team workflow, allocating projects to QSs and monitoring future workload. Identify early of any foreseen resource issues
- Ensure monthly WIP & CVR reporting is completed accurately and on time and submit to CM for review. Have accountability along with the project team for the commercial performance of the department
- Auditing of projects to ensure commercial targets are being achieved and projects margins return are maximised
- Monitor and manage budgets closely ensuring cost effectiveness
- Monitor department cashflow ensuring a strong positive cashflow across all contracts
- Identify and early report on potential commercial risks
- Researching and compiling the business' position and supporting evidence for contractual Disputes and Claims, ensuring resolution to business' benefit
- Ensure Operational Manuals and Processes for QS function of contracts are followed, ensuring that the commercial element of all contracts is being managed timely and accurately
- Oversee Contract Administration ensuring that processes and Contract Timelines are being followed and archived
- Oversee all payment applications and agreement of final accounts. Ensure measurement and submission is accurate and within time-bars
- Ensure accurate records of works are being took and maintained
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- Submitting Early Warnings and/or Compensation Events and valuing CEN quotations in line with NEC3 requirements
- Identify training needs and submit recommendations to senior management to ensure all staff have the required skills and relevant training to the benefit of the company and the individual
- Setting budgets, negotiating, and agreeing subcontractor packages, ensuring that company targets are achieved
- Monitor, advise and promote effective commercial management throughout contracts and mentoring staff to ensure commercial objectives are being delivered
- Ensure positive relationships, contractual understanding and responsibilities exist internally with own staff and externally with all members of the supply chain
- Act as focal point for all members of your department to report to, ensuring excellent communication lines are in place and you are kept abreast of all appropriate operational activities
- Estimating of new tenders and assisting in tender preparation
- Ensure that statutory legislation, company HSQE policies, processes and procedures are implemented on all contracts
- Ensure all Client and internal KPI's are achieved and monitored, correcting any non-conformance timely and appropriately, ensuring a culture of continuous improvement and development
- Manage and develop strong working relationships with clients to maximize and develop business opportunities on existing and new work streams, while promoting a culture within your department to do the same
- Attend client contract meetings, representing the business in a strong positive light while building and maintaining good relationships.
The Ideal Person:
- Possess a relevant degree level qualification
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Commercially and operationally aware on delivery of works
- Experience and understanding of subcontractor management
- Be able to demonstrate the knowledge and experience required to complete a project under budget, taking into consideration challenging time constraints
- Experience of working in a fast paced, multi project, KPI pressured target environment
- Experience of producing timely reports for director level
- Experience of successful client liaison and business development
- IT literate - Microsoft Office package.
- Strong management and excellent communication skills, with ability to lead, motivate and inspire excellent performance from colleagues
- Strong working knowledge of HSQE legislation for the construction industry
- A proactive and flexible working approach with the ability to adapt to changing situations
- Enthusiastic and result driven with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Budgetary & Financial/Commercial management
- Leadership & People management
- Influencing, negotiation and interpersonal communication
- Self-assertion and personal impact
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Customer Service Standard.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion