- Job Reference: RASQS220323
- Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor (Fit Out)
- Salary: £Competitive + package
- Location: Belfast, NI (Occasional travel to London)
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Are you looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor role? Interested in working for a leading commercial fit-out contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on commercial fit-out projects for a leading Main Contractor that specialises in Commercial Fit-out. The role is based in Belfast with occasional travel to sites in London required.
£Competitive + package
Our client is a leading commercial fit-out contractor based in Greater Belfast, Northern Ireland, that work UK wide. They specialise in high quality commercial fit-out projects covering retail, hospitality, business, sport and healthcare.
The company are thriving with multiple projects ongoing with many more in the pipeline. Due to high demand for their services, they are looking to grow their commercial team by bringing in a Senior Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis.
This opportunity is well suited to someone used to managing complex projects with a tight timeline and dealing with a wide variety of trades and professionals.
The role entails client management and reporting so being an excellent communicator is paramount. Leading and managing process, reporting and co-ordination of works with the Contracts Managers, Site Managers and Architects, this role will be pivotal in the successful delivery of projects.
- Produce Cash Flow Forecasts
- Preparation and analysis of elemental budgets
- Review contract conditions, agree recommendations with the commercial director / in-house solicitor and negotiate amendments to documentation with sub-contractors and clients
- Procurement of the supply chain and preparation of order documentation in accordance with company management systems
- Assessment and certification of sub-contractor interim payments ensuring the appropriate notices are issued
- Preparation of interim valuations and final account submissions
- Ability to highlight, value, track, present and agree variation accounts
- Identification and management of commercial risks
- Produce monthly cost value reconciliation reports
- Establish, maintain and enhance effective working relationships with supply chain and client
- Ensure effective interaction between the commercial and operational site teams
The Ideal Person:
- Degree qualified or other relevant qualifications
- Experience working on commercial fit out projects
- Main Contractor background
- Strong commercial skills and awareness
- Good knowledge of construction contracts particularly JCT & NEC Form
- Excellent numerical, IT and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Happy to travel to sites in London occasionally
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion