- Job Reference: RASQS080722
- Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor (Consultancy)
- Salary: Not disclosed
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Are you looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor role? Interested in working for a large, successful and highly respected property and infrastructure consultancy firm?
VANRATH are recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work for an award winning, trusted, global infrastructure consultancy firm, based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Our client is an award winning, large, successful and highly respected property and infrastructure consultancy firm that operate Globally. They deliver a professional services throughout project lifecycle; planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. Projects cover transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment across public and private sectors.
Their teams are united by a common goal; to deliver a better world via their unrivalled technical expertise and innovation and a culture of equity, diversion and inclusion, as well as a dedication to environmental, social and governance priorities.
Overview of Role:
- Conduct surveys to ascertain the locations of natural features and human-made structures on the earth's surface, underground, and underwater, using electronic distance-measuring equipment and other surveying instruments
- Operate and manage land-information computer systems, perform tasks such as storing data, making inquiries, and producing plots and reports
- Review information from survey teams regarding measurement of distances, directions, angles between points and elevation of points, lines, and contours on, above, and below the earth's surface
- Research legal records, look for evidence of previous boundaries, and analyse the data to determine the location of boundary lines
- Record the results of surveys, verifiy the accuracy of data, and prepare plots, maps, and reports
- Work on problems of diverse scope
- Degree Qualified - BSc or MSc - in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management
- Professionally Qualified - ideally Chartered Quantity Surveying Status with the RICS or other equivalent institution
- 4-6 years proven experience in a consulting environment providing the full spectrum of CM services including Pre Contract Estimating; Procurement; Contract Administration, Cost Reporting and Final Account resolution
- Passionate about delivering high quality consulting services to our clients
- Understanding of JCT and NEC standard forms of contract
- Proven ability to advise clients and design teams on cost, value and risk, not just cost in isolation
- Excellent IT Skills and the ability to utilise digital measurement, cost planning and tender document tools shall be essential
- Excellent numeracy, verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to challenge in a positive and engaging manner
- Understanding of a variety of project types/sizes/sectors
- Ability to manage relationships effectively, identifying and resolving issues at the earliest possible opportunity
- People management skills and the ability to manage relationships both internally and externally
- Is accountable and responsible for own actions and those of your team
- Ability to work under own initiative where appropriate working closely with the Management Team in the delivery of some of our highest profile project
- Keen to work as part of a team and to develop and progress career development
- Engenders a right first time approach
- Supporter of social and CSR activities, promoting a positive and enjoyable workplace
- Experience of preparing bid submissions
- Ability to manage multiple projects for a variety of public and private sector clients
- Active member of local networking groups
- Experience of managing in-house project finances
- Connected to peers within other disciplines
- Prior line-management experience
- APC supervisor / counsellor experience
What the Business Offer:
The flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help the business foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where they invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
The business will encourage you to grow and develop your career through their technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. They believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and the business.
They offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join the Business, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, they believe in each person's potential, and they will help you reach yours.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion