Senior Quantity Surveyor
VANRATH is delighted to be assisting an award-winning Chartered building company, recognised as one of NI and Ireland's leading construction contractors in the recruitment of a Senior Quantity Surveyor for their Belfast or Newry offices. The successful candidate will work closely alongside the commercial manager within infrastructure and projects.
This role will suit an experienced QS with a background in heavy civil engineering projects and working knowledge of New Engineering and Construction Contracts.
- Provision of cost and contract management services in support of construction project planning and delivery
- Cost estimations, tender preparations, cost and value management, contract management
- Advising project teams on development of project procurement and contracting strategies
- Management of the procurement of professional service, supply and works contracts
- Checks and audits in aid of providing assurance on compliance with approved cost, value, etc.
- Responsibility for valuations checks and approvals
The Ideal Person:
- 10+ years' Quantity Surveyor experience
- Working experience within heavy civil engineering projects
- Strong working knowledge of cost estimations/cost planning, preparing tenders, tender/pricing analysis
- Chartered Surveyor status and degree-level educated in QS, Construction Management or relevant discipline
- Can lead project teams and confidently liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Risk and value management experience is desirable but not essential
- Have experience negotiating with suppliers and stakeholders
- Very competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent overall benefits package
For further information on this vacancy, or any similar vacancies in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.