VANRATH are excited to be recruiting for a BAND 8A Project Manager within the Health Service on an initial 3months basis (scope for extension).
The post holder will be an integral member of the team and will be expected to play a full role in the provision, development and management of all the Department's activities. This exciting opportunity will allow you to gain a foot through the door into HSCNI.
BAND 8a HSCNI pay band - circa. £47K, plus holiday pay, pension and discount benefits.
- Preparing Business Cases in accordance guidance working closely with other professionals internal and external to the Trust to ensure completion of the business cases within agreed timescales.
- Managing all relevant activities relating to the delivery of the capital programme and tasks ensuring timely achievement of agreed project plans.
- Setting up the appropriate Project Management Structure to deliver projects from conception to handover. On an ongoing basis, co-ordinating and managing the required project structure ensuring successful completion of key inputs such as:
- development of service models of care;
- analysis of activity projections;
- development of operational policies;
- working with stakeholders to support the preparation of exemplar designs;
- identification of the resource requirements of the project;
- supporting the successful delivery of the project within the preferred procurement model;
- following handover of a capital project, commissioning the building, getting it ready for use by staff and service users;
- completion of Internal Peer Reviews and procurement Gateways where appropriate;
- completion of Post Project Evaluations and sharing of lessons learned.
- Assisting with the development of exemplar designs, working closely with other professionals and appointed external advisers as required.
- Maintaining appropriate project documentation and records.
- Producing project management reports, highlighting progress and achievement against agreed key tasks and, where appropriate, preparing remedial plans to address slippage in a timely fashion.
The Ideal Person:
- A university degree or professional qualification and have worked for at least 3 year's experience in a project management role within a major organisation.
- Have worked for at least 3 years in a project management role within a major organisation.
- Have previous experience utilising a project methodology (e.g. PRINCE 2, other similar methodology).
- Hold an ITIL foundation certificate
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McGrath in the strictest confidence.
A few words below with candidates I have recently worked with to help them their next career move:
"I would definitely recommend Vanrath if you are looking to secure a new job opportunity. In particular, Shannon McGrath was very helpful, providing detailed information about the role and giving timely updates and reassurance throughout the entire process. Shannon made the whole experience very easy!"
"I had a great experience with Vanrath, and in particular the help provided by Shannon McGrath was first class! She was extremely thorough in helping me land a new job and gave me all the necessary information I needed prior to the interview and afterwards. Very friendly and approachable, and I would fully recommend Shannon to anyone that needs help finding work!"