- Job Reference: JSPE150523
- Job Title: Senior Production Engineer
- Salary: £38k to £45k DOE
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Belfast
Senior Production Engineer
Are you an experienced Senior Production Engineer with a background in electronics manufacturing? Interested in an incredible career opportunity as a core member of a new expansion office for an established international manufacturer?
VANRATH are recruiting an experienced, self sufficient Senior Production Engineer to take lead role in the initial set up of a new expansion office for a global electronics manufacturer.
Our client is a UK based, international electronics manufacturer specialising in wireless real-time location systems and camera-based tracking sensors, designed to detect and monitor personal in hazardous zones.
An established and well renowned industry presence in Europe and beyond, the company is now pursuing aggressive international expansion plans, looking to leverage existing customer portfolios and activity to penetrate targeted markets in the US, South America and the Middle East.
£38k to £45k dependant upon experience
As part of an initially small expansion team, with the remit of setting up operations as a base for NI to eventually become the client's Manufacturing headquarters, the Production Engineer will immediately be one of three strategic roles to be considered as Site Lead.
Beyond this, as a core member of the team, they will be given an incredible opportunity to grow with the company as it builds a large production team and infrastructure around them, on a national scale.
* Liaising with engineering, manufacturing & quality to see electronics into production
* Responsible for converting the design into manufacturing engineering data for production
* Produce engineering information, such as models, assembly drawings and detailed manufacturing drawings, test and production jigs and fixtures
* Check and approve the design teams' work ready for release to production,
* Contribute to the quality management system for processes and documentation
* Assure product and process quality compliance
* Develop and test new systems when the need arises
* Providing standard work methods and work instructions where possible
* Assess and analyse production methods and develop an improved production process
* Communicate with clients and vendors to obtain materials and/or equipment needed
* Identify manufacturing needs for new products in development by ensuring production and test requirements are considered during product conception
* Lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities (root cause analysis, 5 whys, Ishikawa, etc)
* FMEAs (Failure Mode Effects Analysis) process documentation & implement improvements.
The Ideal Person:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in Manufacturing Environment
- Experience of manufacturing of electronics utilising firmware and software
- Software programming skills are a major advantage (e.g. C, C++, Python).
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250