If you have a procurement background and are looking for career development within the Public Sector, we would love to hear from you!
VANRATH are supporting our client's search for a Procurement Specialist to support and lead their team on a long-term, temporary basis.
- £40,741 - £49,346
- Temporary contract with potential to extend
- Full annual leave entitlement up to 37 days
- Benefits package exclusive to VANRATH (includes discount on fuel and groceries)
- Ongoing professional support and career guidance form our senior consultants
1. Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS)* and at least 2 years' experience in each of the areas detailed below.
2. At least 4 years' experience in each of the areas detailed below.
Required experience in the following areas:
- Leading and managing procurement exercises which were conducted under Public Procurement Regulations.
- Business case and specification development in professional support, understanding and defining of a client's needs.
- Managing, developing and motivating staff to ensure effective service delivery and specific outcomes.
*Applications will be considered from applicants who have membership of accredited procurement organisations considered to be equivalent to MCIPS
The successful candidate will carry out the following core functions:
- Manage and lead on all procurement exercises over a value of £40k
- Support the development and monitoring of policy and guidance in relation to procurement processes.
- Provide a high quality, effective and professional procurement service which delivers value for money solutions for the Organisation
- Act as procurement advisor role in complex and strategic procurement project.
- Effectively manage corporate and project specific risks in accordance with best practice techniques.
- Develop process mapping, procurement and contract strategies and provide advice on public procurement policy and legislation.
- Support the continuing implementation and efficient use of e-procurement technologies.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aisling Bishop in the strictest confidence.
Recruitment agencies are organisations that focus on matching candidates with recruiters. Companies will advertise jobs through them, and job seekers will look at the posts on offer. The recruitment agency in the meantime will scout through the job seekers, and try to match them to their most suited jobs. Recruitment agencies bridge the gap between both parties to make the whole process a much smoother one.
Not only do recruitment agencies help candidates find the right type of job most suited to them, but at the same, they time provide companies and businesses with the right fit they are searching for with their job. A recruitment agency is the best option for matching the right person with the right position.