We are thrilled to be working with our client, a leading Public Sector body, in the search for a Senior Planning Officer
Responsible to the Head of Planning, Development Management in Development Management for the provision of a high quality, efficient and effective Planning Service.
To provide support to the Head of Planning, Development Management in meeting all statutory requirements and ensuring effective performance management in the area of work assigned, whilst supporting training and development for staff within the team to meet the needs of the business and all customers in accordance with best practice standards and other performance indicators.
Responsible for the day to day management, leadership and development of Planning Officers, Planning Assistants and any technical support staff in the area of work assigned through the provision of guidance and advice on relevant planning and technical issues
- Lead and motivate the planning team.
- Set objectives aligned with the Council's plan.
- Advise and train stakeholders on planning matters.
- Manage significant planning applications.
- Create reports and presentations for committees.
- Conduct research and consultations.
- Supervise Planning Officers and Assistants.
- Engage stakeholders and represent the section at meetings.
- Use IT systems for data management.
- Stay updated with professional practices.
- Degree in a recognised planning qualification* or equivalent and a minimum of three years' experience of working in Development Management role.
- HNC/HND/BTEC Higher National Certificate in Planning, Surveying and Cartography or BTEC Higher National Certificate in Land Administration (Planning) or equivalent qualification and a minimum of four years' experience of working in a Development Management role.
- A minimum of two years' relevant experience of managing staff in accordance with the principles of performance management and personal development.
- Current member of the Royal Town Planning Institute/Irish Planning Institute or equivalent
- Town and Country Planning, Environmental Science, Geography, Architecture, Urban Regeneration or other relevant degree qualification
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please reach out to Glenn Roberts in the strictest confidence 02890330250