In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer £55,000 - £70,000 based on experience plus bonus and a range of benefits including:
VANRATH are pleased to be working with an industry leading technical services firm who are recruiting for a high calibre candidate to fill the position of Senior Network Operations Engineer.
The Ideal Person
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Demonstrable industry experience (financial services and/or large scale unicast and multicast networks is a big plus)
- Extensive in-depth knowledge and troubleshooting expertise of routing and switching protocols (OSPF, BGP, STP)
- Experience designing and/or supporting large scale multicast networks, with a focus on financial market data feeds.
- Experience in network monitoring, packet capture tools or software defined networking
- Excellent understanding of security best practices in relation to all aspects of the network (Firewalls, Proxies, Penetration Scans, SSL, IPsec, Dot1x)
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting wireless networks (standards, security, radio placement, etc)
- Fundamental knowledge and theoretical understanding of software and hardware load balancers
- Familiarity and/or experience with scripting languages and automation tools, with a focus on operationalizing mundane tasks and speeding up deployments
- Big-picture understanding of the networking concepts behind virtual environments and various hybrid cloud initiatives
- Lead in the troubleshooting of network based issues, being able to clearly analyze the problem at hand while interfacing with other departments to organize and control incident response
- Ability to work on simultaneous change implementations, with a focus on automation, documentation and collaboration with other teams
- Frequently engage in complex issues with both internal and external customers, with an emphasis on being able to analyze packet captures
- Work with the engineering team on operational acceptance testing for new environments, while being able to analyze gaps in procedures and documentation.
- Stay on top of emerging technologies in the network field, either through training or research, in order have the flexibility to learn and support a multi-vendor environment
- Constantly evaluate existing designs or processes, while not being afraid to propose and implement changes to them
- React to an ever changing global network, through configuration management, documentation, whilst engaging with different departments and business units
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Cyber Security, Networks or IT Sales roles in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jordan Madden on 07871030483 in the strictest confidence.