This is an exciting opportunity to assist the IT Systems Manager in the design and development of the Trust's overall network architecture and be responsible for the day to day management, maintenance and support of the network infrastructure and its links with other networks.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package of £32,306 per annum.
Our client is a large Belfast based health sector client, seeking to improve the health and wellbeing of the Northern Irish public. They apply the highest levels of knowledge and skill to preserve life, prevent deterioration and promote recovery. The Client provides high quality emergency, urgent and primary care services throughout Greater Belfast.
The Ideal Person
The post holder will be responsible, through the Trust's Networking Manager, for the, installation, configuration and management of the Trust's network infrastructure. This will include the day-to-day monitoring, management and configuration of all LAN and WAN links, routers, network switches, firewalls and other associated network equipment. The post holder will contribute to the establishment of operational policies, procedures and monitoring processes to establish and deliver an effective and efficient ICT network in accordance with Trust objectives and priorities. The post holder will be responsible for the resolution of all network incidents including identifying, diagnosing and resolving network problems as or before they arise. The post holder will be key to ensuring that the Trust's network performance indicators are delivered.
- Previous experience in the area of IT networking, telephony support or maintenance
- Demonstrable experience of data networking gained within a multi-site IT service environment
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of Ethernet switches and routing protocols.
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of network security equipment and system maintenance.
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of CISCO and/or HP networking and Microsoft network services within a multi-site IT service environment.
As the IT Senior Network Officer, you will;
- Provide effective and efficient end-user support through ensuring that all network incidents are resolved within the agreed resolution times.
- Analyse network incidents and trends to identify, log and resolve any underlying network problems.
- Monitor the operation of the Trust LAN/WAN to ensure it is operating within acceptable performance targets and take remedial action as appropriate.
- Monitor network utilisation and capacity and make recommendations on future needs of the Trust particularly in relation to expected trends and uses for the network infrastructure e.g. VOIP, Video, PACS images etc.
- Manage the procurement, installation and configuration of network data points and cabinets (including cable patching) ensuring that appropriate technical standards are met and all installations are undertaken within agreed budget constraints
- Install and configure network switches, routers, WAN optimisation devices and other associated network devices
- Manage the procurement, installation and configuration of network LAN/WAN lines and devices ensuring that appropriate technical standards are met and all activities are undertaken within agreed budget constraints
- Manage the IP addressing scheme for the Trust allocating IP subnets as necessary.
- Provide support, assistance and backup for the Senior Mobile Solutions Manager as necessary. This will include the configuration, installation and management of the Trust mobile solutions, wireless network and incidents as required.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT & Tech Temporary job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Peter Brittain in the strictest confidence.