VANRATH are delighted to be working alongside our client, a well-known Public Sector organisation, in their recruitment for a Senior Marketing and Communications Officer. This is an immediate start for an initial duration of 8 months on a Fixed Term Contract basis.
The post holder will support the Communications and Engagement Manager in managing the strategic and operational delivery of the marketing and communications team. The post holder will be the principal lead for marketing and communications activity across the organisation.
- Managing the marketing and communications team yearly programme of work.
- Supporting the Communications & Engagement Manager in all aspects of the planning, and delivery of a marketing and communications function for the organisation.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating successful marketing and communications plans to support the objectives of the organisation across qualifications, regulation, curriculum and corporate.
- Managing the press office function, in terms of handling media enquiries, issues management, working with key staff to develop responses and effective case management of all enquiries.
- Providing advice, guidance and detailed briefs for management in relation to media issues and in advance of press conferences, interviews and committees.
- The planning and delivery of media training for key staff.
- To be responsible for maintaining records in accordance with the ISO Overview Procedure and to become familiar with records management practices and the implication of the Freedom of Information (FoI) and Data Protection (DP) Acts.
The post is a line management role. The post-holder will have responsibility for approximately 4 members of staff.
- 3rd level qualification (degree/diploma/certificate) in any discipline, plus 3 years' management experience in a marketing, communications or press office environment
- 4 years or more management experience in a marketing, communications or press office environment
- 3 years' experience of developing and implementing successful marketing and communication plans to support the objectives of an organisation
- Experience of managing complex media queries and issues management
- Experience of drafting, editing and managing the production of communications content for a wide range of materials and audiences
- Experience of developing and implementing internal communication plans and social media campaigns
- Managing, developing, and motivating a team effectively; and managing multiple work-streams simultaneously, within a fast-paced environment
- A competitive salary of £35K-£39K is on offer.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…