Hands on Senior Engineering Software Manager .Net/React (Fintech/Payments) 100% remote role
Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a fast growing US FDI
Our client is simply unique - They're well-funded, have an awesome team, marketing leading products & a great product-market fit. They also have all the benefits you'd expect from a well funded US tech champion.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in our clients exciting growth story as they continue to build the next generation of capabilities in the payment processing space. With a team of around 80 already on board in Northern Ireland our client have plans to add significantly in 2022.
This role will only suit candidates coming from a strong technical background who are involved in technical architecture and involved in code reviews.
Help establish an Engineering organization with the oversight to design, implement, and lead a group responsible for delivering on our clients growth and industry-changing strategic objectives
As a Senior Engineering Software Manager, you'll work closely with our clients leadership team to build a world-class engineering group. You'll be a "player-coach," focused on attracting and developing engineering talent, but also staying hands-on in the technology to oversee the development of an outstanding product and customer experience.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned technology executive able to lead engineering teams delivering solutions in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You'll have a proven track record building platforms and scaling engineering organizations while executing critical programs.
Working cross-functionally with a broad set of partners, you will apply keen technical understanding, appreciation for simplicity, quality, and critical thinking. Your leadership will be instrumental in driving organizational change as we move the team to a more agile development framework that enables faster time to value across our product portfolio.
Ideally you will possess:
- Experience leading and managing large Agile development teams
- Ideally experience managing multiple high profile teams
- Experience of attracting, developing, and cultivating talent
- A product and customer focus - you can easily communicate with different areas of the business to achieve the desired results
The role will include;
- Hiring, mentoring, developing, and retain top-notch engineering talent.
- Code reviews
- Create effective full-stack software development teams focused on the nimble delivery of value for our clients customers.
- Have a security mindset.
- Collaborate closely with the executive team as well as cross-functional teams to deliver great products and solve customer problems as needed.
- Support the product team and planning process to deliver great products and ensure all deadlines and needs of the business are being met.
- Maintain and improve agile processes collaboratively with the teams, and enable new development techniques or methods to reduce complexity, promote quality, and increase velocity.
- Help engineers grow in their career paths, learning new technologies, and tackling increasingly challenging projects.
- Drive efficiency in your teams by eliminating blocks and focusing efforts on tooling, continuous integration/delivery, and maintainable automation testing.
- Foster a culture of operational excellence in your teams through real-time monitoring and alerting.
- Create and support a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Able to coordinate the development of cross-team features between engineering teams, product managers and our technical operations team.
- Salary up to £85k-£95k+ 10% bonus (flexible for the right candidate)
- Excellent work-life balance / flexible working patterns
To find out more information on the role advertised, please call Phil Gamble directly or send in your CV via the link below.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…