Are you interested in being a key contributor for products which companies like Tesla, Linkedin and Vodafone use to solve some of their most complex infrastructure challenges...All while working a 4 day week?
- 4-day work week (Friday off)
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Hybrid Work from home (flexible)
- Uncapped Holiday
- Competitive Pension
- Private medical/Life Cover/Dental
- Free on-site Gym
- Critical illness Cover
- Income Protection
The Belfast Software Engineering team is critical to the delivery of the company's world-class Live Data Migrator portfolio of products.
We are searching for a candidate to join a team of extremely competent engineers who will develop, construct, and maintain the Client's software applications using cutting-edge technology. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to learn from some of the top minds in the local software industry in a well-positioned and rapidly growing company.
The ideal candidate will be able to work in a cross-functional, Agile setting where the goal is to create a high-value, high-quality product.
What you'll be working on
Modern distributed active-active replication system that supports a number of storage implementations, mainly Hadoop HDFS and Cloud storage - AWS S3, Azure Data Lake, Google cloud storage and compatible implementations.
In addition to data replication, through the use of plugins Fusion enables metadata replication of popular Big Data applications, for example - Hive, MapReduce, Spark, BigSql as well as pure Cloud to Cloud replication - for example between S3 and ADLS.
- 5+ years of programming experience (preferably in Java)
- Strong Linux experience
- Strong fault finding skills
- Experience with multi-threading, networking, NIO and Collections strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Version Control such as Git and/or SVN
- Team player who can also work on their own initiative
- Knowledge of debugging complex systems
Additional Requirements (Optional)
- Experience in the Scrum development methodology preferred
- Hadoop and Cloud experience (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with Jenkins and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies