Our client is a recognised leader in the Customer Experience sector, with over 10,000 enterprises across the world using our products, including over 80% of the Fortune 100.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an exciting development team's expansion. You are going to use industry standard and cutting-edge technologies (such as Java, Spring, React, Docker, AWS, and REST APIs) with the help of a UK-based team of professionals.
The organisation has a significant budget to fund the inception, build and launch of their new Greenfield projects from an R&D perspective which will help you contribute to the overall design and direction of this company's future products.
Up to £70,000
Up to 19% pension (8% personal contribution)
25 Days Annual leave plus Public Holidays
Remote first and flexible working
Private health Insurance - 100% premium paid
Private dental insurance - 50% premium paid
- Development of high-quality software solutions that are provided in the cloud and on premise are among the responsibilities.
- Work productively and on time to design, implement, and test complicated software features.
- In a fast-paced setting, responsible for developing software with automated test cases.
- Attending daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings, design reviews, and retrospectives as a member of the team.
- Working individually and as part of a team, taking ownership of allocated tasks and seeing them through to completion.
- Through code/design reviews and peer-programming activities, provides peer advice to other Senior Software, Software, and Associate Software Engineers. Assists peers who are less experienced.
- Communicates with the Product Owner to ensure that all criteria are met.
- Collaborating with members of the Product Management, Quality Assurance, Architecture, and Support organisations, as well as personnel from other regions.
- Conducting research into new technologies and architectures to improve the product.
- To provide high-quality service to customers, incorporate non-functional criteria into the design of product features.
- A Senior Software Engineer with strong technical aptitude and at least 5 years of experience is required.
- It's critical to be familiar with standard software design and development concepts, processes, and procedures.
- It would be advantageous if you could demonstrate experience automating software testing and build systems.
- It's preferable if you can demonstrate a working knowledge of cloud platforms like Amazon AWS and related cloud technologies.
- It would be advantageous if you have experience designing and programming applications that could be deployed in a clustered environment and scaled horizontally.
- Familiarity with fault-tolerant or high-availability distributed systems is a plus.
- Having a thorough understanding of typical agile software development concepts, techniques, and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
- A strong understanding of Java programming is required.
- You must have prior experience designing and using REST-based web services.
- Experience building software with Core Spring Framework and Spring MVC in a production environment is preferred.
- A strong understanding of front-end development technologies (React/JS, HTML, CSS) is preferred.
- Knowledge of build tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Webpack, and NPM is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of distributed source control systems like Git is a plus.
- Knowledge of Kafka or similar messaging systems is advantageous.
- It is desirable to be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS and related cloud technologies.