VANRATH are excited to be recruiting for a Senior IT Project Manager - Band 8a within the Health Service on an initial 12-months basis (scope for extension).
The post holder will be an integral member of the team and will take lead responsibility for the management and delivery of a range of complex Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Systems and Projects.
This exciting opportunity will allow you to gain a foot through the door into HSCNI whilst allowing you to work on meaningful projects.
BAND 8a HSCNI pay band - circa. £47K, plus holiday pay, pension and discount benefits.
- Work closely with customers to support them across a range of areas including contributing to the development of an ICT strategy, developing a plan to for the implementation of that strategy, identifying ICT solutions to support that implementation, identifying opportunities for systems development.
- Manage the delivery of the ICT elements of those solutions if required. In order to do this, the post holder will work with the customer; other teams within ITS, external Suppliers and other public sector bodies.
- The Post holder will ensure that "Projects In Controlled Environments 2" (PRINCE2) and specific Standards and Practices are applied and adhered to in all the projects that they have responsibility for.
- The Post holder will be responsible for determining their annual projected programme and project financial spend and overseeing its successful and accurate execution. The Post holder will also be responsible for interfacing with other programme projects and the relevant HSC and non-HSC organisations impacted by their projects and programmes. The readiness of the business to exploit new capabilities is crucial to success.
The Ideal Person:
- A university degree or professional qualification and have worked for at least 3 year's experience in a project management role within a major organisation.
- Have worked for at least 3 years in a project management role within a major organisation.
- Have previous experience utilising a project methodology (e.g. PRINCE 2, other similar methodology).
- Hold an ITIL foundation certificate
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McGrath in the strictest confidence.
A few words below with candidates I have recently worked with to help them their next career move:
"I would definitely recommend Vanrath if you are looking to secure a new job opportunity. In particular, Shannon McGrath was very helpful, providing detailed information about the role and giving timely updates and reassurance throughout the entire process. Shannon made the whole experience very easy!"
"I had a great experience with Vanrath, and in particular the help provided by Shannon McGrath was first class! She was extremely thorough in helping me land a new job and gave me all the necessary information I needed prior to the interview and afterwards. Very friendly and approachable, and I would fully recommend Shannon to anyone that needs help finding work!"