My client, a leading payment processing company, is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Data Analyst to join their dynamic team.
They are after a candidate who has the ability to transform data into valuable insights and actionable strategies. As a Data Analyst, you will consult with both internal and external stakeholders, understanding their business inquiries and delivering comprehensive analyses to address their needs.
This role involves capturing and comprehending raw data, establishing data pipelines and processing methods, and constructing visualizations. The outcome of your work will optimize stakeholder experiences and enhance business operations.
The ideal candidate will possess strong critical thinking skills, navigate diverse data environments, demonstrate hands-on technical expertise in data management, and have a genuine curiosity about our business.
You will transform information into visualizations and self-service reports using tools like Looker, Excel, and more, effectively conveying the story behind the data.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to prioritize and scope in-depth analyses that inform strategic decisions.
- Develop insightful answers to complex questions through thorough and well-designed data analyses using tools like Looker, SQL, and others.
- Oversee advanced data analytics and interpretation, defining key performance indicators and other metrics.
- Work with Data Engineering teams to map source data, establish data pipelines, and define business rules and reporting requirements to support the onboarding of new data for business units.
- Provide thought leadership to internal stakeholders, enabling them to leverage insights more effectively.
- Drive optimization efforts and foster a data-driven culture within the company.
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to incorporate analytical insights into critical decision-making.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to implement instrumentation that generates insightful measurements for new and existing products.
- Identify necessary information and visualizations to create compelling and meaningful data stories, establish baselines, and monitor metric growth or decline.
- Contribute to the development of tools, documentation, and instructional materials to empower customers to utilize data independently.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for business partners and cross-functional teams in managing the Data Analytics program on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist in creating and maintaining plans, schedules, and other documentation necessary for effective project management and deliverables to customers.
Essential Criteria to Apply:
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a related quantitative discipline.
- 7+ years of experience with advanced SQL knowledge (e.g., Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience with reporting and visualization tools, design, and standards, such as Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Looker and LookML is highly desired.
- Solid understanding of data preparation, processing, and classification.
- Familiarity with the software product lifecycle.
- Experience working within an Agile environment.
- Excellent consultative skills, including understanding stakeholder requirements, identifying implications, and making design recommendations.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, problem solving, communication and adaptability skills.
-Flexible vacation policy.
-6% company bonus.
-Private Medical Insurance for the employee.
-Life Assurance (4x salary).
-Income Protection (75% of salary until state retirement age).
-Work From Home allowance (£60/month with £26 tax-free per HMRC rules).
-One-time Home Office setup allowance (£500).
-Pension Contributions (5% employer contributions).
-Co-working space day or month passes if you prefer working with others.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant portfolio or project examples to firstname.lastname@example.org