IT Business Analyst
VANRATH are excited to be recruiting for an IT Business Analyst for an established organisation within their Belfast City Centre office.
This is a full time post 37 hours per week, this role will be suited to an experienced Business Analyst who enjoys working on projects whilst working with multiple stakeholders.
- Build and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the organisation's software systems and processes, taking a holistic approach to Business Analysis to understand the wider impacts of decision making.
- Support the overall delivery of a portfolio of IT projects from initiation to completion, on time, within scope and to budget, following the methodology and best practice standards.
- Understand and document the business drivers, benefits and project objectives through clearly defined success criteria, ensuring these are the core focus of the delivery.
- Maintain an understanding of emerging technology trends and how these can help shape the business.
- Develop models and modelling techniques (e.g. use case diagrams, data flow models, entity relationship diagrams to support decision making.
- Develop concepts, options appraisals and business cases for technology solutions to business challenges, maintaining traceability from vision and strategy to solution/service delivery.
- Conduct process re-engineering and requirements elicitation, validation, and management activities for IT projects.
- Develop functional and non-functional specifications for technology implementations.
- Where necessary, define and conduct system, integration and related testing for technology implementations.
- Support wider business with the definition and execution of user acceptance testing for technology implementations.
- Develop and deliver progress reports.
- Conduct impact assessments for changes in project scope
- Support risk and issue management.
- Support the assessment of an organisation's IT landscape and developing technology investment cases and roadmaps that align with business goals.
- Manage stakeholders to enable the successful delivery of IT projects, including conflict resolution and building consensus regarding the preferred option.
- Categorisation and analysis of stakeholders, internal and external using techniques such as RACI, power/interest grid.
- Develop and deliver training to end users of new and updated technology solutions.
- Ensure that solutions delivered by IT projects are accepted into operations teams and service transition is successful.
The ideal candidate will have had exposure/experience with:
- Business process improvement (including Lean);
- Modelling business processes;
- Business Case Development & Benefits Management;
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Requirements definition & life-cycle management
- Process design & re-engineering
- Business process testing
- User experience analysis
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Glenn Roberts in the strictest confidence.