EXCLUSIVE VANRATH client
Exciting secure UK software start-up growing and expanding its presence 100% remotely in N.Ireland.
Our client is transforming the way the world uses and shares data. A better world will be built on better data interactions - with individuals, enterprises, and communities safely, creatively, collaborating.
This isn't simple, easy, or predictable - it's challenging and audacious. If you're ready to join our clients journey, inspire the world and champion users as they develop and expand their product, they'd love to talk to you
With a strong NI tech leadership team this is a great time to come on board.
Right now I am keen to talk to talented Senior Engineers with an interest in upskilling into a largely Golang /Python development role.
To attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience, plus a range of benefits including:
- Attractive base salary up to £88k
- A positive, empowering culture based on trust and respect
- Remote and flexible working
- Exposure to an embryonic and potentially disruptive sector of the industry
- Pension contributions and life insurance
- Part ownership of the business through the Staff Options Pool
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to take additional holidays for special occasions
- And, restrictions permitting: a few great parties and company/team get togethers!
As a full stack software engineer you will help drive product development in a team where nothing is someone else's problem. Where no-one else is going to tell you how to do your job. Where no-one will make your decisions for you, but everyone will help everyone else get better at making the right decisions. We encourage fearless decisions and no-blame culture.
Our client are a fast paced startup, with many more things that they would like to do than there is time for. They are always looking at how to be more agile, more efficient and more effective. They encourage courageous decisions rather than punishing mistakes. And they want tooling that helps them to move faster rather than processes that slow them down.
- Develop across the back-end tiers of our clients 'Host' stack, writing highly scalable services and systems primarily using Golang & Python but they consider alternatives where it makes sense
- Design, create, test, deploy and maintain their platform, including their web API, internal bus, network API and metadata repositories (we currently use Golang, Python, Redis and Fuseki among others)
- Develop across the front-end tiers of our 'Portal' stack utilising TypeScript packages, React TypeScript components, testing with Jest and Cypress, Python Flask API backend with SQLAlchemy and Postgres
- Prototype new concepts and apply creative suggestions for implementing new features
- Analyse and make proposals to improve the efficiency, testability, maintainability, scalability and stability of our products
- Expand/progress/innovate the technology that the projects use
- Mentor and support other engineers
- Be open minded and collaborate with the other team members via mob-programming, knowledge sharing and peer review
- Help to recruit, interview and build the engineering organisation
The ideal person
- A coding language is just a tool for you and you are comfortable switching from one to another as appropriate for the task
- Embrace modern Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Proven track record solving technically challenging problems and integrating multiple software components to form meaningful solutions
- Experience in API development (e.g. REST, gRPC, GraphQL, SDK development)
- Experience in operating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Collaborative decision maker; able to take input/feedback from the development team and take ownership of taking risks in moving the product forward and failing fast
- Be trustworthy in a situation with a high degree of self-management and comfortable working remotely
- Code quality and following good practices are not just buzzwords for you; You can identify the benefits that this brings your team on a daily basis
- Ability to balance immediate technology and business needs against future goals, and considers implications of changes across the whole product
- Low drama; Look to resolve problems, not amplify them
- Appreciate the value diversity in all its forms brings to our team and company
Nice to have:
- Exposure to distributed/decentralised systems and messaging protocols
- Relevant technical experience in areas such as decentralised systems (p2p) and fault-tolerant systems, cloud native architectures, infrastructure, real-time systems and reactive programming
- Experience of building, deploying and operating containerised services (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform) within on-prem and cloud (e.g. AWS)
- Interest in semantic web technologies (RDF, SPARQL)
- Experience in working on an Open Source projects
- Subject Matter Expert in any technology area
- Pair Programming
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Golang /Full stack job in Belfast or the wider Irish market, please apply via the link below or contact Phil Gamble in the strictest confidence.