EXCLUSIVE VANRATH client
Exciting secure UK software start-up growing and expanding its presence 100% remotely in N.Ireland.
Our client is transforming the way the world uses and shares data. A better world will be built on better data interactions - with individuals, enterprises, and communities safely, creatively, collaborating.
This isn't simple, easy, or predictable - it's challenging and audacious. If you're ready to join our clients journey, inspire the world and champion users as they develop and expand their product, they'd love to talk to you
With a well known local Director of engineering already on board this is a really interesting addition to the tech scene.
Right now I am keen to talk to talented Senior level Golang/Full stack developer
To attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience, plus a range of benefits including:
- Attractive base salary up to £85k
- A positive, empowering culture based on trust and respect
- Remote and flexible working
- Exposure to an embryonic and potentially disruptive sector of the industry
- Pension contributions and life insurance
- Part ownership of the business through the Staff Options Pool
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to take additional holidays for special occasions
- And, restrictions permitting: a few great parties and company/team get togethers!
As a Full stack engineer working on our clients platform team you will help them build and design the software that underpins their unique product. This role is multifaceted and will provide an opportunity to work on a broad range of technologies across their stack, including p2p networks, management of metadata, the internal bus, web API, network API and build/deploy pipelines. Their immediate focus is on delivering increased performance and stability to their product, as well as adding new features to enable their truly exciting vision.
- Develop across the back-end tiers of our clients 'Host' stack, writing highly scalable services and systems primarily using Golang & Python but we consider alternatives where it makes sense
- Design, create, test, deploy and maintain our clients platform, including their web API, internal bus, network API and metadata repositories (they currently use Golang, Python, Redis and Fuseki among others)
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of our products
- Prototype new concepts and apply creative suggestions for implementing new features
- Interface with other teams to incorporate ideas and features, keep improving their stack
- Expand/progress/innovate the technology that the projects use
- Be open minded and collaborate with the other team members via mob-programming, knowledge sharing and peer review
The ideal person
- A coding language is just a tool for you and you are comfortable switching from one to another as appropriate for the task
- Embrace modern Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Proven track record solving technically challenging problems and integrating multiple software components to form meaningful solutions
- Experience of building, deploying and operating containerised services (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform) within on-prem and cloud (e.g. AWS)
- Experience in API development (e.g. REST, gRPC, GraphQL, SDK development)
- Experience in operating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experienced creating effective metrics and alerts
- Collaborative decision maker; able to take input/feedback from the development team and take ownership of taking risks in moving the product forward and failing fast
- Be trustworthy in a situation with a high degree of self-management and comfortable working remotely
- Code quality and following good practices are not just buzzwords for you; You can identify the benefits that this brings your team on a daily basis
- Low drama; Look to resolve problems, not amplify them
- Appreciate the value diversity in all its forms brings to our team and company
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Golang job in Belfast or the wider Irish market, please apply via the link below or contact Phil Gamble in the strictest confidence.