Fantastic opportunity to join a team that specialises in building component libraries which are utilised across the whole organisation. This is great for someone who is well experienced and interested to join a team as a Senior/Lead slotting into a remote first culture that puts autonomy and output first.
Feel free to reach out to me directly on LinkedIn for a confidential discussion.
Senior/Lead Software Engineer (Angular/React)
The mission-critical software that powers the digital world is provided by the client, one of the biggest providers of enterprise software in the world. To create trusted, tried-and-true solutions that customers require in order to compete in today's quickly changing marketplace, we blend pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation. Without the drama, that is high tech.
About Our Product
You will contribute to, lead, and advance engineering excellence the Client's products as a member of the UI/UX Centre of Excellence's team. The role will be built around contributing to codebases, engaging with team members, and working with stakeholders to develop high-quality software.
- As part of this role, you will create web apps that are scalable, predictable, high-quality, and performant.
- Create new features for products using Typescript and either Angular 11 or React 17.
- Work together with UX designers to create Design Systems, Live Code demonstrations, and Prototypes.
- Help integration teams use UX design systems and component libraries.
- Continue to support the adoption of Web Accessibility Standards like Section 508 and WCAG
- Create stringent coding guidelines for all user-facing code bases, including unit testing, coding conventions, abstraction, and patterns.
- Perform peer code reviews to make sure that patterns and standards are followed.
- Encourage learning by making yourself available to mentor other developers.
- Take part in the sessions for user story grooming and estimating to improve the product backlog.
- Examine technical specifications, create applications, locate new technologies, and incorporate fixes into current code
- In charge of seeing that project-related code deliverables are successfully completed
- Work together to create the RESTful API with the back-end programmers.
- Take part in the SDLC's many phases.
Analyses, plans, develops, tests, and adjusts software upgrades and/or new products used in computer programmes that are local, networked, or Internet-related, mostly for end users. Writes code, completes programming, tests and debugs applications using the most recent programming languages and technology. completes installation and maintenance procedures and documentation. Users may be involved in the definition of system requirements and/or required modifications.
- Creates updates, programming modifications, and enhancements for sections and subsystems of end-user applications software that run on local, networked, and Internet-based platforms.
- Based on broad objectives and understanding of the overall architecture of the product or solution, analyses the design and decides what coding, programming, and integration activities are necessary.
- Creates solutions for problems with code and integration into application architecture; writes and executes entire testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned area of programme.
- Oversees the creation of dependable, economical, and high-quality solutions for assigned applications portions or subsystems with a project team comprising other software applications engineers, internal, and external development partners.
- Works in collaboration and communication with management, internal development teams, and external partners to advance projects and resolve issues.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically, 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using design languages and software applications.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Creating software programmes that run on multiple platform types.
- Software applications testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities. Ability to negotiate options and effectively convey product architectures, design concepts, at management levels.
- £65,000 - £75,000
- Remote first appraoch
- 5% bonus
- Negotiable sign on bonus
- 25 days holiday plus stats
- Company pension scheme matching contributions up to 6%
- Death in service of 4x base salary
- Private health care and health care benefits