Are you an experienced Frontend Engineer who wants to take on a new opportunity transforming a successful brands current web & product UI. They have everything ready to go design wise its up to you to help code and coordinate between the teams to bring their products to life!
Our Client stands for a better way of doing marketing, one that is built on trust. And it's working, their unique Referral Engineering® approach has delivered more than 4.5m referrals totalling USD $1.5bn in revenue for 450 brands, including Charlotte Tilbury, Farfetch, Nutmeg, Pret a Manger and Puma.
They're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer who can collaborate with the design team and our engineers to help make the frontend experience really shine.
Your work will be shown to hundreds of thousands of people around the world every day and will help major companies make decisions about their referral strategies. We're looking for someone who can get involved in it all: collaborating with the existing team, building tools and technologies and delivering wonderful products. They'd love you to have an opinion on user experience, on product direction and how to make the most of technical problems.
What the job is all about:
- You will be responsible for major frontend components of the Mention Me platform. Our frontend has much to improve, so you'll take a major role in creating these components - not just maintaining existing ones
- You'll be responsible for making sure users have a great experience interacting with our products - everything from eye popping visual design through to clear and simple interaction design
- We code in React, Typescript, LESS, and our backend is powered by GraphQL, Symfony, PHP, and MySQL
- Your work will be put in front of millions of customers in over 20 languages - reliability, maintainability, accessibility, internationalisation & scalability are all important elements of the role
- You will be a key contributor in our tightly knit and dynamic engineering team
- The role will partner closely with other stakeholders like our Product and Design Teams
- We use a hybrid of Agile and Kanban to manage our processes
- Communication and teamwork is important to us; all engineers participate in cross-functional meetings and should be comfortable communicating and showcasing their work
- The role reports to one of our Tech Leads
You'll be responsible for:
- Delivering major new functionality to the Mention Me platform in React
- Working collaboratively with our design team to improve the design of the Mention Me platform
- Being part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers and product managers to deliver commercially viable product features to end users
You should apply if you:
- Have 3+ years of commercial experience with React.
- Have a great undergraduate degree in CS or STEM, or equivalent experience
- Have the right to work in the UK
Experience with Typescript, GraphQL, Webpack, Storybook and LESS would all be beneficial, but are not essential.
We would love candidates who apply to be able to demonstrate:
- Comfort with taking a product from MVP to MLP (Minimum Loveable Product), and iterating continuously
- Proven track record of delivering commercially viable software
- Experience of making difficult trade-offs between technology and user experience
You can expect:
- A competitive package, plus options in a growing scale-up
- 100% remote (optional team events)
- Personal development, including training and conference budgets, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays every year, as well as an extra day off for every year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
As well as:
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding work, including the monthly Wheel of Wow, Unsung Hero and termly Founders' Award for Awesomeness. Prizes include £500 cash, meals out and even trips away
- A work-life balance. We encourage lunch breaks, regularly work from home, and are open to flexible working
- Weekly online yoga classes
- Sessions with a qualified therapist through Spill
- An amazing office, complete with drinks fridge and snacks cupboard
- Regular social events, from chocolate-tasting and pottery-making, to poker nights and picnics
- Subsidised gym memberships and Classpass