A well-known Public Sector organisation based in Belfast are recruiting a Senior Finance Officer to join their team on a permanent basis. If this sounds like it might be of interest to you, please apply for more information.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- £29,269 - £35,124
- Permanent contract
- Generous pension contribution
- Hybrid working
- Health cash plan
- Comfortable working environment
A leading Public Sector organisation is currently recruiting a Senior Finance Officer to join their team on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an employer with an excellent reputation in the local market and who provide an essential service throughout Northern Ireland.
Key responsibilities are listed below.
- Ensure that invoices and payments are processed in accordance with the Group authorisation approvals and procedures;
- Ensure that supplier BACS payment details are updated and kept secure;
- Ensure that supplier statements are reconciled on a monthly basis;
- Ensure that the Purchase Ledger control account is reconciled on a monthly basis;
- Ensure that good relationships are maintained with suppliers and contractors;
- Ensure that contractor tax exemption certificates are valid and necessary returns are made;
- Ensure the purchase ledger is closed on a timely basis in line with the monthly reporting timetable;
- Ensure purchase ledger procedures are regularly reviewed and maintained as an accurate reflection of the operating practices within the department;
- Any other duties that may be required for the effective management of the Group purchase ledger;
The Ideal Person
- Supervisory experience with 3 years Purchase / Nominal Ledger Experience.
- Operational Experience of uploading data from non-finance system to finance system
- At least 2 'A' levels (grades A - E) and Mathematics & English Language and /or Literature (grades A* - C) at GCSE level
- Line Management Experience of a team.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.