This position will give the successful applicant the chance to put their own stamp on building out a new development team of 8 people. You will have the opportunity to work with some of Belfast's genuine thought leaders as this client can boast some of the best technologists in the city right now.
This client conducts a thorough interview process that can be done completely remotely. For any candidate that requires Video Conferencing facilities, we can offer that in our brand new offices here at VANRATH.
This will be a chance to join the Senior Leadership team and you will have a responsibility to develop and build out the architecture across a number of varying domains. The candidate should have experience in building out a team from scratch and should have extensive knowledge of some form of Cloud experience, ideally AWS or GCP. People management and the development of your team members will be paramount to being successful in this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the growth and scaling of a new team
- Management and development of team members, providing one-to-one mentoring and feedback
- Be customer centric-Put the customer first, take ownership of and manage incidents and outages to a successful conclusion, whether ultimately it is an issue with an application in your portfolio, or not.
- Promote a DevOps culture
- Implement an agile SDLC that allows for frequent development iterations
- Conduct daily scrum meetings
- Manage budget and SAM
- Monitor team performance, and re-mediate potential performance or disciplinary issues. Escalate to and assist upper management with potential issues as required
- Contribute to evolving the existing software system application and architecture in various areas as needed
The Skills you need to succeed:
- 7yrs Software Development experience delivering enterprise products
- Minimum 3yrs Management or Leadership experience
- Degree in Computer Science or IT related degree
- Proven track record of managing software teams
- Cloud experience (AWS/Azure/GCP preferable)
- CI/CD experience is a nice to have
- Strong organisational skills to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Some Familiarity with Data and Infrastructure Architecture
- Preferably Java Development experience and Microservices Architecture exposure
- Containerised tools like Docker, Kubernetes ideal but not essential
- Market Leading salary
- 15% Bonus based on performance
- 30 Days annual leave
- Flexible working environment
- Cutting edge Technical stack
- Flat structure with access to the Senior Leadership Team-opportunities to have real impact
- Excellent team already in place where you will flourish alongside some of Belfast's genuine thought leaders
For more information on this role, please contact Gary McMahon at VANRATH.