This position will give the successful applicant the opportunity to put their own stamp on building out a new development team of 8 people. You will have the opportunity to work with some of Belfast's genuine thought leaders as this client can boast some of the best technologists in the city right now.
This will be a chance to join the Senior Leadership team and you will have a responsibility to develop and build out the architecture across a number of varying domains. The candidate should have experience in building out a team and should have knowledge of some form of Cloud experience, ideally AWS or GCP. People management and the development of your team members will be paramount to being successful in this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the growth and scaling of a new team
- Management and development of team members, providing one-to-one mentoring and feedback
- Be customer centric-Put the end user first, take ownership of and manage incidents and outages to a successful conclusion, whether ultimately it is an issue with an application in your portfolio, or not.
- Promote a DevOps culture
- Implement an agile SDLC that allows for frequent development iterations
- Monitor team performance, and re-mediate potential performance or disciplinary issues. Escalate to and assist upper management with potential issues as required
- Contribute to evolving the existing software system application and architecture in various areas as needed
The Skills you need to succeed:
- 7yrs Software Development experience delivering enterprise products
- Minimum 3yrs Management or Leadership experience
- Degree in Computer Science or IT related degree
- Proven track record of managing software teams
- Cloud experience (AWS/Azure/GCP preferable)
- CI/CD experience is a nice to have
- Strong organisational skills to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- SAFe experience
- Some Familiarity with Data and Infrastructure Architecture
- Preferably Java Development experience and Microservices Architecture exposure
- Containerised tools like Docker, Kubernetes ideal but not essential
- Market Leading salary (Up to 80k)
- 15% Bonus based on performance
- Flexible working environment
- Cutting edge Technical stack
- Flat structure with access to the Senior Leadership Team-opportunities to have real impact
- Excellent team already in place where you will flourish alongside some of Belfast's genuine thought leaders
I specialise in Engineering Management candidates here at VANRATH and work with a variety of clients in all sectors. At VANRATH we partner with you, providing up to date information on credible companies and roles that best match your skill-set or aspirations.
Please see below for some of my recent testimonials available on Google.
Finding the 'right' job can be somewhat difficult. Vanrath made the process exceptionally easy for me. I worked with Gary and found him to be professional and efficient. After a few conversations he understood exactly what I was looking for and soon the process I was dreading transformed to be both easy and enjoyable. My experience was solely down to the service provided by Gary. If you're on the hunt for a new role or a career change of some sort; I would highly recommend Vanrath
I would not hesitate to recommend Gary McMahon to anyone seeking a new opportunity. He is incredibly knowledgeable about the local software industry, and his targeted approach meant that I was only contacted with job opportunities which matched my criteria. He moved the process along quickly and efficiently, and I accepted a job offer four weeks after initial contact with VANRATH! Gary is confident in his role and instils a sense of encouragement for the job seeker. Thanks for all your help and support Gary
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Gary McMahon in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…