Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyor
VANRATH are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyor on behalf of a leading electrical contractor that work across Ireland and the UK. The successful candidate will join a fantastic employer and will work on a broad range of exciting design and installation projects. This person will have the opportunity to manage the Estimating Department ensuring that electrical tenders are returned to a high standard. The successful individual will present tenders to the Directors with value engineering identified including alternatives to specifications prior tender return dates
- Full management of Estimating Department.
- Work closely with Contracts Managers and Procurement Team to ensure projects are tendered effectively and delivered on time and within budget.
- Responsible for winning new tenders and bringing new projects to the business.
- Present design plans to the project team using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Effectively undertake Tender Enquiry activities in line with Company Processes, including commercial/technical aspects while maintaining non-collusive policy at all times.
- Ascertain the risks present on each individual project and record/manage via the risk register.
- Provide technical guidance, advice and bid support including involvement with tender programmes and methodologies.
- Attend site visits where applicable to ascertain tender requirements.
- Developing & maintaining good relationships with industry networks & clients.
- Assist with the development of O&M Manuals.
The Ideal Person
- Applicants should come from an electrical background, ideally a Qualified Electrician or holding an Electrical Engineering Degree. Skills, Competencies and Other Qualities:
- Have proven experience with Trimble estimating & costing systems
- Applicants should be experienced in the use of Autocad & Revit.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers in order to secure competitive prices.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of competency in the use of MS Office packages.
- Good verbal, written and numerical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a demanding environment.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive base salary.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…