- Job Reference: JSSDE300522
- Job Title: Senior Design Engineer
- Salary: £35k to £38k DOE
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Monkstown or Cookstown
Senior Design Engineer
Are you an experienced Design Engineer with a background in manufacturing? Interested in a lead role within a globally renowned production team?
VANRATH are recruiting for a Senior Design Engineer to join our client's production team in a lead role, complementing the core operations team and responsible for knowledge control.
Our client is a leading provider of wet processing solutions for the materials processing and waste disposal industries. With a reputation for innovation, they work hard to create a better world through bold engineering solutions.
A global entity, they have a number of locations in Northern Ireland, including their global headquarters and manufacturing centre of excellence.
£35k to £38k dependant upon experience
- Manage design projects from concept, design, support build and installation.
- Focus on reducing cost and cycle time on current plant equipment
- Manage draughters and designers to produce accurate BOM's, layout and fabrication drawings for projects through setting and meeting time-lines
- Manage and liaise with customers and suppliers on design specifics/aesthetics & plant requirements
- Check and approve drawings using design processes, procedures and checklists.
- Supporting the sales team through preliminary technical specifications, site visits and technical advice on the products/process.
- Co-ordinate with all departments relative to all aspects of design
- Supporting the sales team through preliminary technical specifications, site visits and technical advice on products/process.
- Follow design processes and procedures to ensure high quality drawings and BOM's are in line with company processes
- Liaison with Suppliers to ensure design is per manufacturing capabilities
- Develop and train designers and draughters in design office processes and procedures.
- Resolve design quality issues and manage the design and detailing of solutions and ensure current projects are resolved also.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to enhance product quality, profitability and customer satisfaction
The Ideal Person:
- Degree or HND/HNC in an Engineering discipline
- Mechanical Engineering would be an advantage
- Minimum 5 years experience in design office
- Demonstrable ability managing design projects
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250