- Job Reference: JSDEE260923
- Job Title: Senior Design Engineer
- Salary: £42,000 - £50,000 + package
- No. of Vacancies: 2
- Location: Cookstown
Senior Design Engineer
Interested in senior design opportunities working with a rapidly growing business?
VANRATH are recruiting 2x Senior Design Engineers to take a pivotal role in the design and delivery of a variety of M&E projects.
£42,000 - £50,000 DOE
Excellent Annual Leave
Private Medical Insurance
Paid Training & Training Leave
Employee Assistance Programme
Death in Service Benefit
Professional Development Opportunities
Our client are a rapidly growing business, with a multi-disciplinary range of services including M&E Design, Engineering and Construction.
Their in-house capabilities give them a distinct advantage in the industry, valuing diversity in the range of experience possessed by their specialist teams. They've recently added the ability to manufacture to pre-existing skillsets of Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Civil and Process engineering.
- Oversee and assist the design and procurement activities for M&E projects and to assist in their planning.
- Analyse and understand client specification and ensure projects are designed to meet their requirements in an efficient and safe manner.
- Participate in client meetings and co-ordinate with third party contractors.
- Assist in the identification and pre-qualification of subcontractors.
- Compile specifications for the purchase of materials and equipment including bid pricing schedules from scope of work.
- Assist with bid analysis and award recommendations.
- Place orders for the procurement of plant and materials and ensure they are within budget.
- Assist in the preparation of project budgets and to track and report on costs as required.
- Ensure all design and procurement activities are carried out in line with the requirements of the company's IMS procedures and identify opportunities for improvements to be made.
- Co-ordinate the contractual arrangements of a project and ensure that they are not compromised due to design or procurement issues. Provide guidance and advice to site, construction, and remote delivery teams at all stages.
The Ideal Person:
- Third Level Engineering qualification
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Design role
- Background in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250