Are you a Data Scientist who is passionate about the application of data science to build market leading software?
Have you been a key part of a team delivering real world ML solutions on a regular cadence?
Do you want to join a successful Scale Up who have ambitious plans to change the digital consumer experience forever?
Are you ready to join an existing Lead Data Scientist and get involved in projects from idea to commercial reality - alongside a small but growing team of ML and Data engineers?
My client looking for a Data Scientist to join a tight-knit and dynamic team . Reporting into a Lead Data Scientist, the successful candidate will work to uncover opportunities in the data they gather and use those insights to build predictive models which create business value in their products.
An award-winning platform that gives out rewards worth millions of pounds, serves hundreds of thousands users daily, and collects fascinating information about how people shop and refer through AB tests that their clients run.
My client would like to attract someone who's keen to apply their data science background in a pragmatic way to a real business problem.
If you want to be involved in innovative data science products from the ground up in a small team that loves continuous improvement, this role could be perfect for you.
My client are looking for an enthusiastic Data Scientist who will make this role their own and bring great technical expertise to the table.
You'll be responsible for:
- Grappling with large quantities of data of various different classes and uncovering opportunities
- Performing analysis to decide which opportunities are most commercially valuable
- Applying a range of data science techniques and tools to produce and validate proof of concept models
- Working with other Data Engineers and ML Ops engineers to help turn your ideas into practical solutions that scale
- Driving to a commercial outcome and continuing to optimise once live
- Getting involved in presenting ideas, creating thought leadership and spreading the word about Data Science at Mention Me
You should apply if you:
- Are a first-rate problem-solver with solid experience of applying data science theory in practice
- Have proven track record of regularly delivering AI / ML powered solutions which are commercially successful
- Are adept at evaluating business value and prioritising product work based on it
- Proven track record of prototyping solutions to quickly answer viability, scalability and complexity or LOE
- Full understanding of what good looks like, both in successful teams, efficient delivery processes and products delivered
- Have an MVP to MLP (Minimum Lovable Product) mindset
- Have great communication and influencing skills
- Are comfortable with the tools and processes of a modern data science environment (ideally including AWS or GCP)
- You have a good understanding of commonly used ML algorithms and their concepts and constraints
- You are happiest when deep in Python and data!
- Have at least an undergraduate degree in Computer or Data Science, Engineering, Maths or a related discipline
- Have the right to work in the UK
Bonus points if you:
- Have prior experience in consumer marketing, online retail, lifetime value modelling or the Martech ecosystem
Why should you join this business ?
My client are big on culture and strive to make their company a great place to work. Here are just some of the reasons to join:
You can expect:
- A competitive package, plus options in a growing Scale Up
- Personal development, including training and conference budgets, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays every year, as well as an extra day off for every year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
As well as:
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding work, including the monthly Wheel of Wow, Unsung Hero and termly Founders' Award for Awesomeness. Prizes include £500 cash, meals out and even trips away
- A work-life balance. My client are open to flexible working
- Weekly online yoga classes
- Sessions with a qualified therapist through Spill
- Subsidised gym memberships and Classpass
Salary levels start and 65k and are open ended. Please reach out for more detail.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ryan Quinn in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for: Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…