Our client is a software house that provides innovative solutions to help individuals with learning differences or reading difficulties to improve their reading and writing skills. Their product offerings cater to a diverse range of users, from students to professionals, and are designed to be user-friendly and accessible to all.
Currently, they are seeking a Principal Data Engineer to join their team. As part of the team, you will work to enhance and optimize their data architecture and pipeline, streamline data flow and collection for cross-functional teams, and contribute to the success of the company's data initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Internal Systems Development team to ensure data collection supports business needs.
- Lead the development of the data roadmap, exploring new data integrations and tooling solutions.
- Work with the Chief Data Officer to standardize data processes using industry best practices.
- Identify opportunities to streamline data flows between teams.
- Create compelling data visualizations to communicate insights to management and cross-functional teams.
- Showcase data insights and outcomes to senior management.
The ideal candidate will have a software engineering background and have transitioned into the field of data. They should have 3+ years of experience in a senior data engineering role, strong SQL proficiency, and proficiency in Python programming. Experience with data visualization tools and background in SaaS businesses are also important.
Benefits offered include a competitive salary, a day off for your birthday, 20 days holidays + stat days, hybrid working (2 days in the office), performance bonus, X4 life insurance, and a pension scheme.
Desirable skills include
- proficiency in PHP or Python
- Experience with large datasets and data warehouse tools such as Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.,
- Familiarity with Google Data Studio
- Agile methodology experience
- Expertise in SaaS metrics
- Confluence or Jira proficiency or a similar tool.
Personal attributes should include being self-motivated and deadline-driven, having excellent communication skills, and an analytical mindset.
If you are interested in this position or any other role in Data Engineering, Data Science or Data Warehousing, please contact Rachel Boyle directly on LinkedIn.