My client is one of the most well respected Site Leads within NI. This global business is a News and Media institution with investors like Jeff Bezos taking a stake recently.
During an interesting era for media , the scale and challenge of this role will suit a talented Data Engineer with a passion to do things right and build in capacity for this growing platform.
The salary on offer here is up to 85k, plus a 10% bonus and generous benefits package including private health care.
This role would be ideal for somebody that has or aspires to help a traditional Data centric business take advantage of the new technologies that are changing data storage and access. This progressive architecture will include effective Data Science layers.
The first 4 hires have already been made, and an impressive team of technologists will shortly be in place in NI. All roles are remote, and will continue to be so for the foreseeable.
- Collaborate with product owners to understand data needs and scope out technical solutions for data challenges
- Bring strong knowledge across the data landscape, from ingestion tools to a rich understanding of data in order to be an excellent partner for analysts and stakeholders
- Design and implement cloud based data architecture, and work with data architects and product managers to grow the organization's data toolset
- Champion our evolving dataops footprint, including experimenting with new applications and tooling to catalyse cost-efficient data ingestion
- Work with product owners and data scientists to ensure data quality and integrity through data collection, processing and distribution
- Push the group to improve data integrity testing, documentation, and data discoverability
What we are looking for:
- Excellent in Python and SQL ( Working at scale on complex systems )
- Ability to communicate clearly with both business and technical audiences
- Experience translating data needs into deliverables to meet business goals
- Self-directed, supremely curious, and detail-oriented
- Team player who's able to collaborate across functions
- Familiarity with Snowflake
- Have worked in media
- Experience with time series data
- Infrastructure as code
Apply today or call to have a confidential discussion about this Data Engineer role.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ryan Quinn in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for: Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…