VANRATH are delighted to be assisting our Major Public Sector client with the Recruitment of a Senior Contracts & Procurement Admin to join their fun and friendly team at their HQ in Lisburn.
Monday - Friday
Scale 5 - Lot 4 - £13.20 p/h
- To Support the Contracts and Procurement Advisor in the provision of an efficient and effective procurement and contract management service.
- Responsible for the effective day to day procurement systems management.
- to process requisition into purchase orders following completion of accuracy with validity tests.
- To create new catalogue lines and update/maintain existing lines within the e-procurement system, in conjunction with the with the Contracts & Procurement Advisor.
- To create/set-up new contracts following receipt of handover documentation.
- To investigate and process invoices which have failed Accounts automatic clearing system including liaising with user departments and suppliers to resolve any issues and ensure prompt payment;
- To adhere to the timescales for all cyclical and routine processes within the e-procurement system.
- To assist with systems development within the e-procurement system as required.
- Responsible for testing changes and upgrades made to the e-procurement system.
- To assist the Contracts & Procurement Advisor to develop, implement and maintain the rolling 3-year procurement plan and associated annual procurement action plan.
- To source products and supplies using currently contracted suppliers or via existing frameworks.
- To produce monthly contract monitoring reports including checking of all 'amber' and 'red' status contracts and advising the Contracts and Procurement Advisor of same.
- To assist with the regular provision of procurement & contract management information and advice, including material for the completion of statutory and regulatory returns, as required.
Experience and Qualifications
1. Possess at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, to include English and Maths,
An awareness of current good practice for procurement and associated technology including competitive tendering techniques;
2. Have at least one year's experience of:
(a) Delivering an operational procurement service;
(b) Effectively using available ICT systems and software packages in the provision of a procurement or contract management service;
(c) Providing financial information for corporate decision making.
3. Can demonstrate:
(a) effective planning, organising, prioritising skills and attention to detail;
(b) effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information;
(c) ability to work individually or as part of a team;
(d) a customer service orientation.
1. Experience gained within a large complex organisation* of contracts management or operational procurement;
2. Have current membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) or working towards membership.
"This company employs in excess of 2000 staff, has over 70 sites and a budget of circa £70 million
''In my eyes, VANRATH is the clear industry leader of recruitment in Northern Ireland. With a long history of placements, they have perfected the recruitment trade, which was made very clear to me during my time with them. Whether you plan to find your new role or work directly for VANRATH, you can expect nothing but the best.''
''Would highly recommend Vanrath. After uploading my cv I was contacted the next day and they were able to find a permanent suitable role for me very quickly. They were very helpful and supportive through the entire interview process and were able to negotiate a very good job offer which I was delighted with.''
''Vanrath were massively helpful in helping me secure my new role. They provided tips and example questions for the interviews and were able to get quick feedback.''