VANRATH are delighted to be assisting our Major Public Sector client with the Recruitment of a Senior Contracts & Procurement Admin to join their fun and friendly team at their HQ in Lisburn.
Monday - Friday
Scale 5 - Lot 4 - £13.20 p/h
- To Support the Contracts and Procurement Advisor in the provision of an efficient and effective procurement and contract management service.
- Responsible for the effective day to day procurement systems management.
- to process requisition into purchase orders following completion of accuracy with validity tests.
- To create new catalogue lines and update/maintain existing lines within the e-procurement system, in conjunction with the with the Contracts & Procurement Advisor.
- To create/set-up new contracts following receipt of handover documentation.
- To investigate and process invoices which have failed Accounts automatic clearing system including liaising with user departments and suppliers to resolve any issues and ensure prompt payment;
- To adhere to the timescales for all cyclical and routine processes within the e-procurement system.
- To assist with systems development within the e-procurement system as required.
- Responsible for testing changes and upgrades made to the e-procurement system.
- To assist the Contracts & Procurement Advisor to develop, implement and maintain the rolling 3-year procurement plan and associated annual procurement action plan.
- To source products and supplies using currently contracted suppliers or via existing frameworks.
- To produce monthly contract monitoring reports including checking of all 'amber' and 'red' status contracts and advising the Contracts and Procurement Advisor of same.
- To assist with the regular provision of procurement & contract management information and advice, including material for the completion of statutory and regulatory returns, as required.
Experience and Qualifications
1. Possess at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, to include English and Maths,
An awareness of current good practice for procurement and associated technology including competitive tendering techniques;
2. Have at least one year's experience of:
(a) Delivering an operational procurement service;
(b) Effectively using available ICT systems and software packages in the provision of a procurement or contract management service;
(c) Providing financial information for corporate decision making.
3. Can demonstrate:
(a) effective planning, organising, prioritising skills and attention to detail;
(b) effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information;
(c) ability to work individually or as part of a team;
(d) a customer service orientation.
1. Experience gained within a large complex organisation* of contracts management or operational procurement;
2. Have current membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) or working towards membership.
"This company employs in excess of 2000 staff, has over 70 sites and a budget of circa £70 million
Have you ever seen a job description and had no idea what the job actually is? Or that the job sounds uninspiring? Does it feel like all job descriptions end up sounding the same? When applying for jobs directly you might find that the job isn't always what it appears to be, and you'll only find this out after you've sat through a terrible interview or worse - after you've accepted your "dream role"!
So how can recruiters help? Recruiters can really bring the job to life; you'll gain a full understanding not just of the role, but the whole team, the culture, the organisation itself and what it's going through, the reason for the role being available and what your future boss themselves are like. Recruiters spend time speaking to hiring managers to understand the job in depth to ensure that they can find the right candidates. You'll get a full insight into the job and all its surrounding elements before going through the entire recruitment process. This is crucial in helping you save time, and help you in avoiding a dreadful recruitment process for the jobs that you find out you don't actually want!