VANRATH are delighted to be assisting our Major Public Sector client with the Recruitment of a Senior Contracts & Procurement Admin to join their fun and friendly team at their HQ in Lisburn.
Monday - Friday
Scale 5 - Lot 4 - £13.20 p/h
- To Support the Contracts and Procurement Advisor in the provision of an efficient and effective procurement and contract management service.
- Responsible for the effective day to day procurement systems management.
- to process requisition into purchase orders following completion of accuracy with validity tests.
- To create new catalogue lines and update/maintain existing lines within the e-procurement system, in conjunction with the with the Contracts & Procurement Advisor.
- To create/set-up new contracts following receipt of handover documentation.
- To investigate and process invoices which have failed Accounts automatic clearing system including liaising with user departments and suppliers to resolve any issues and ensure prompt payment;
- To adhere to the timescales for all cyclical and routine processes within the e-procurement system.
- To assist with systems development within the e-procurement system as required.
- Responsible for testing changes and upgrades made to the e-procurement system.
- To assist the Contracts & Procurement Advisor to develop, implement and maintain the rolling 3-year procurement plan and associated annual procurement action plan.
- To source products and supplies using currently contracted suppliers or via existing frameworks.
- To produce monthly contract monitoring reports including checking of all 'amber' and 'red' status contracts and advising the Contracts and Procurement Advisor of same.
- To assist with the regular provision of procurement & contract management information and advice, including material for the completion of statutory and regulatory returns, as required.
Experience and Qualifications
1. Possess at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, to include English and Maths,
An awareness of current good practice for procurement and associated technology including competitive tendering techniques;
2. Have at least one year's experience of:
(a) Delivering an operational procurement service;
(b) Effectively using available ICT systems and software packages in the provision of a procurement or contract management service;
(c) Providing financial information for corporate decision making.
3. Can demonstrate:
(a) effective planning, organising, prioritising skills and attention to detail;
(b) effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information;
(c) ability to work individually or as part of a team;
(d) a customer service orientation.
1. Experience gained within a large complex organisation* of contracts management or operational procurement;
2. Have current membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) or working towards membership.
"This company employs in excess of 2000 staff, has over 70 sites and a budget of circa £70 million