VANRATH are delighted to be assisting their client, a large Public Sector organisation in their search for a Senior Communications Officer. This role offers Hybrid working and can be based in one of the following areas: Belfast, Derry/Londonderry, Ballymena or Armagh.
Please note this role is initially on a contract basis until the end of December 23.
The post-holder will be responsible, through the Communications Managers and Head of Communications, for the planning and delivery of a range of initiatives and services to meet the communications needs, in particular to support the implementation of the vision and strategy for digital transformation within the wider organisation.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Lead on communications for a range of projects, including high profile regional transformation, consultation processes and multi-agency partnerships, working closely with the wider HSC and a range of internal and external partners. This will include setting the overall communications strategy, identifying PR opportunities, utilising the full range of internal and external communications channels; working with a range of internal and external partners to ensure effective engagement; carrying out a comprehensive evaluation.
- Provide professional, strategic advice to senior officers on a range of high profile issues, taking into account the broader context, including the political environment.
- Lead on key internal communications projects to help ensure staff are fully involved and informed on all aspects of the organisation, in particular, on any organisational or HSC changes that would impact on their roles and responsibilities.
- Commissioning, writing, editing and proof-reading of the monthly external magazine, and other corporate communications in line with the organisation.
- Participate in an on-call rota for urgent media enquiries, developing issues and the management of major incidents.
- Line manage a number of communications staff, providing leadership and developmental opportunities.
The Ideal Person
1a A University degree or recognised professional qualification in a subject such as Media, PR, Communications and at least 3 years' relevant experience within a Press Office, Newsroom, Media, PR or Corporate Communications function. .
1b Have at least 5 years' relevant experience within a Press Office, Newsroom, Media, PR or Corporate Communications function.
2. Demonstrable experience and skills in communications management of high profile, developing issues. A proven track record in managing complex and sensitive media enquiries and interview bids, advising senior officers, formulating responses and responding often within tight deadlines, and facilitating briefings and interviews.
This is a Band 7 post offering a competitive salary of £41,650 - £47,503 and an immediate start.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Communications job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…