Senior and Principal C++ Developers ....NEW VANRATH Client ...
...World class and award winning software house----
Our client recently opened a new Centre of Excellence in Belfast with a mission to transform the 5G and IoT industry through Cloud Native technology and cutting-edge projects
VANRATH are proud to be partnering with this US FDI who have long term links with Belfast over many years. Winning regular awards over the last few years and growing like no other company globally now is a great time to join.
- Principal Software Engineers handle the most complex software cases, designing, developing, testing and releasing quality software, taking into account industry-level development and documentation practices;
- As a software engineer, you will be working in a team of mixed skills professionals (business analysts, system integration, QA, Ops teams)
- You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, providing fixes and reviewing changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions;
- You will engage in design sessions with multi-disciplinary teams aimed at shaping the future of our clients systems;
- You will work in cross-organizational assignments that will include interacting with the Professional Services and Sales teams.
the role will include:
Design and develop software solutions by studying information needs; checking with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
Mentor all levels of engineers;
First and foremost, developing software our users need;
Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products;
Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring;
Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale;
Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals;
Be a persistent, creative problem solver;
Remain cool and effective in a crisis;
Stay on the leading edge of development practices;
Passionate about great technologies, especially open source;
Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them.
5-10+ years of development experience with C/C++ and skilled in multi-threading, distributed systems engineering;
Experience with designing, building and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable C/C++ code;
Strong proficiency in C/C++ (including but not limited to 98, 11 and 14 standards), with fair knowledge of the language specification;
Experience in development of robust and scalable software in C/C++ running under Linux or UNIX operating systems on a variety of computing platforms using Agile/Scrum development methods;
Experience in designing, implementing, debugging and problem solving of C/C++ software applications, while providing feedback to other team members;
Knowledge of design patterns (abstract factory, prototype, adapter etc.) and coding best practices;
Experience in implementing performance and quality modules;
DB Knowledge: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, NoSQL Engines;
Experience in architecting of mission-critical enterprise systems;
Comprehensive experience of refactoring and working with legacy code;
Unit and Integration tests experience (including but not limited to Google Test, Catch, cpp Test);
Excellent OOP skills;
Experience working with CICD, GIT, Jira, Jenkins;
Excellent communication skills in English
Nice to haves:
Experience in Telecom solutions (Protocol Handlers, Charging) would be a plus;
Knowledge of 3GPP standards, 3G, 4G Architecture and Technologies.
- Java experience would be a plus
- Experience working with Cloud solutions (GCP, AWS, or Azure) and Containers (Kubernetes, Docker) would be a plus;
Attractive base Salary
Competitive Pension employer contribution
Generous holiday allowance
- And loads of other market leading perks.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Phil Gamble in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…