- Job Reference: RASB121222
- Job Title: Senior Buyer (Construction)
- Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + package
- Location: Newry, Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a Senior Buyer role? Interested in working for a leading Building & Civil Engineering contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Senior Buyer to work for a dynamic Main Contractor that work on a range of Building & Civil Engineering projects.
c£50,000 to £60,000 + package
Our client is a leading, dynamic, reputable Main Contractor that work on a diverse range of projects across the Construction and Civil Engineering sectors.
The business work on large new build projects up to £50m across various sectors including Housing, Education, Healthcare, Commercial Offices & Civil Engineering projects.
They have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join them on a permanent basis, reporting to the Procurement Director. The Senior Buyer will ultimately be responsible for ensuring the Business gets the best value for all their procurement needs and will also be managing an existing Materials Buyer.
This is a great opportunity to be a leading member of the commercial team and work on a wide range of outstanding projects.
The Ideal Person:
- HNC or above (or equivalent qualification) with strong all around procurement experience within the Construction industry
- CIPS qualified or working towards (or similar) is advantageous
- Demonstrable evidence of technical knowledge surrounding procurement activities in a Construction environment
- Good communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Team player
- Computer literacy, knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Decisive and analytical
- Committed to delivering value for money and demonstrating improvements against external benchmarks, achieving and exceeding targets
- Previous experiment of using procurement management systems
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion