VANRATH are delighted to be assisting one of Northern Ireland's most recognisable manufacturers with the recruitment of a Senior Buyer. Fantastic company to work in, one of the best company cultures in NI and opportunities for progression.
Shifts are held over Monday to Friday (1 Hour Lunch). No weekend working. Permanent position.
This role will be based at the company's Ballymena office.
£35,000 - £50,000 + other Fantastic Additional Benefits (Top Company) & Progression Opportunities
- Responsible for maintaining the material cost on the Bill of Materials for all products within the commodities you are responsible for and ensuring costs are less than the current sales quotation per contract.
- Responsible for issuing requests for quotation (RFQ's) for any new parts added to the Bill of Materials within the allotted components.
- Populate Sage System with the price, lead-time and supplier details as necessary.
- To manage the engineering process, to purchase new parts and ensure the suppliers are supplying to the correct revisions of drawings.
- Liaise with supplier on delivery key performance indicators - such as shortages, quality & invoice queries.
- To actively contribute to achieving departmental goals and objectives. Relating to supplier reduction and cost reductions.
- To initiate supplier agreements and see them through to implementation
- To actively contribute to New Product Introduction projects.
- Source new suppliers for items within the allocated commodities.
- Discuss with suppliers to achieve optimum batch sizes and hence reduce costs.
The Ideal Person
- Must have experience in a similar role
- Experience in the Manufacturing industry is preferred
- Extensive experience of negotiation and writing supplier agreements
- Strong communication with the ability to build and maintain professional relationships
For further information on this opportunity, or any other jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jack Groves via Vanrath in the strictest confidence.
I cannot speak more highly of vanrath and the service it provides.For me this service is exemplified by their representative Hannah O'Doherty ,she is extremely professional in her approach,has excellent communication skills and responded quickly and appropriately to my needs.Indeed she made ,what can be a difficult transition,seem so easy.Truly wonderful service,thank you so much
VANRATH and specifically Sean were an incredible help in finding me my new position. Within a day or two of uploading my CV to the platform, Sean was already on the phone looking to get to know me and my interests and motivations better. This consideration was then carried through to their job searches and reflected in the opportunities they then offered to me. I felt that he understood what it was I wanted from my career and cared enough to guide me with respect to that, even if it meant not necessarily jumping at the first opportunity that arose. This was hugely appreciated by me as I was keen to make the right decision and was so grateful to have a patient, supportive and informed advisor on my side.
Sean was always available for a chat and guidance; helping me prepare for interviews and advising me on his understanding of what it could be potentially entail to work for each company. I am am now excited and confident to start in my new role, with big thanks to all of his help along the way.
I recently registered with Vanrath and met with their consultant Aisling Bishop to discuss my CV and previous work experiences. I was very impressed at the range of employers that Vanrath works with, the roles that they have on their books and the service that they provide to job seekers. I feel confident that Aisling and the Vanrath team will work to find me a post that fits my interests as well as my experiences.
In my eyes, VANRATH is the clear industry leader of recruitment in Northern Ireland. With a long history of placements, they have perfected the recruitment trade, which was made very clear to me during my time with them. Whether you plan to find your new role or work directly for VANRATH, you can expect nothing but the best.
Mark from vanrath was a great help when I was seeking a job. Always put my requests first and made the process easy from start to finish. Would highly recommend anyone looking for work to give him/vanrath a message to get put in the right direction.