- Job Reference: RASB291122
- Job Title: Senior Buyer
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + package
- Location: Newry, Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a Senior Buyer role? Interested in working for a dynamic Contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting Senior Buyer to work for a specialist Electrical Contractor based in Newry, Northern Ireland.
c£40,000 to £50,000 + package
Our client is a specialist contractor with many years' experience successfully delivering demanding and complicated projects across various sectors including hotels, hospitality, commercial, retail, education, healthcare and residential.
They receive a high level of repeat business from their clients due to their high level of delivery and collaborative approach with their clients, responsiveness to their client needs and their repeated commitment to excellence.
They are very busy with multiple projects currently ongoing and many more in the pipeline. They are looking for a Senior Buyer to join their Electrical Division on a permanent basis, responsible for managing another Buyer in the team as well as expanding the supply chain, implementing strong Procurement procedures, negotiating with suppliers, run procurement schedules from BOQ.
The Senior Buyer should have a strong track record working in the Construction industry and have Electrical supplier experience.
The Ideal Person:
- Degree qualified or other relevant qualifications
- Experience working on Electrical projects
- CIPS qualified or working towards is advantageous
- Demonstrable evidence of technical knowledge surrounding procurement activities in a Construction environment
- Good communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Computer literacy, knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Committed to delivering value for money
- Previous experiment of using procurement management systems
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion