Client- What they do?
My client is a company based in Newry, Northern Ireland that provides marine outfitting and refurbishment services to the luxury cruise and ferry industries.
They specialize in the complete refurbishment of passenger ships, including the design and installation of interiors, fixtures, and fittings. They also offer project management, procurement, and logistics services to their clients.
The position available is responsible for the ongoing development of Business Intelligence infrastructure for the client. The role requires ongoing use, monitoring, and development of Business Intelligence using the Azure Analytics Stack, capturing business analytics requirements, developing automated solutions, and providing end-user training.
As the BI Analyst/Developer, you will help define the overall BI reporting of Dynamics 365, along with any associated systems and applications. You will manage the BI reporting for the business, creating end-to-end Business Intelligence solutions, gathering requirements, and developing data visualization and dashboards.
Essential criteria include experience in a similar Business Intelligence role, strong working experience with any of the following:
- Power BI/SSAS/SQL
- Developing insights and dashboards using visualization tools
- Understanding best practices in report aesthetics
- A methodical approach to documentation
- Strong written skills, and knowledge of their experience in using Azure Data Catalogue. T
The ideal candidate must also have the ability to communicate with a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders, prioritize and organize work under pressure, and have strong technical documentation skills.
Desirable criteria include:
- ERP system implementation or integration experience
- An understanding of D365 execution
- Good working knowledge of Power BI, including DAX, strong understanding of data modelling and ETL processes.
- Prior experience with developing and maintaining data warehouses.
- Strong SQL coding skills
- Including the ability to configure stored procedures
- Experience using Azure Data Factory for ETL processing in addition to working with Azure SQL Databases.
The job requires at least two years of experience in a similar Business Intelligence role and a degree-level education
Competitive Salary on offer+ company benefits:
- Including 31 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Healthcash plan
- length of service awards
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Marriage leave
- 3 pm finish Friday.
If you are interested in applying for this role or any other role in Data Engineering, Data Science, or Data Warehousing, please contact Rachel Boyle directly on LinkedIn.