Senior Automation Engineer
£ Very competitive salary range
Derry / Londonderry
VANRATH are delighted to be representing a rapidly-growing engineering business, located on the outskirts of Derry City. Our client now have a position available for a Senior Automation Engineer on a full-time permanent basis, with salary open to discussion based on previous and current experience. You will be joining a highly innovative company that continue to successfully adapt to the needs of their customer base.
The ideal person:
- Experience in Electrical Engineering
- PLC Programming and Industrial Automation knowledge
- Experience in or strong interest in robotics
As the Senior Automation Engineer, duties will include:
- Acting as the main project engineer they will be responsible for designing and programming complex automated cells.
- Lead design meetings to ensure a full understanding of the production requirements and schedule from the outset.
- Maintain clear communication with the design team and management to ensure production deadlines are met.
- Compile the bill of materials on receipt of the design ensuring that all components are ordered within the adequate time frame and within schedule.
- Generate drawings prior to commencement of production.
- Be the first point of contact for the client through the production schedule and after dispatch of the product to ensure that any issues or queries are addressed.
- Assign relevant tasks to junior engineers and apprentices ensuring efficiency.
- Maintain regular communication with junior staff and monitor performance ensuring that any deficiencies are brought to the attention of your line manager.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Supply Chain/Logistics jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Michael Irwin in the strictest confidence.