Have you recently passed your Chartered Tax Exams or are you part way through? This could be the ultimate new role for you!
VANRATH are partnered with a global professional services firm seeking Senior Associate within their highly regarded Tax team.
This company is a leading provider of technology enabled compliance and integrated advisory services, working across an unrivalled range of prestigious clients. The variety of work, size of the team and focus on learning and development brings about opportunities to specialise in particular industries or technical areas.
The team is agile and open to new ways of working. The investment in automation and robotics enables them to be at the forefront of change and innovative solutions, providing an outstanding client experience. The team is a team that respects and values each other, and has a strong reputation and profile.
A Senior Associate needs the ability to apply their knowledge to major proposals to help manage and grow the partnership tax compliance and accounting portfolio worldwide. In addition, the ability to contribute to the development of the accounting advisory service offering with regards to process improvement, technology, risk and controls is included within the role.
The role also requires an ability to take responsibility for the management of junior colleagues, as well as participating in group management matters such as, effective financial management of own portfolio of clients and participation in group technical training meetings.
Some travel and overnight stays may be required.
- Undertaking the preparation and completion of a wide range of partnership tax computations, including review of computations and assisting clients with queries
- Liaising with the Data Team to enable collection and analysis of tax data
- Dealing with client queries in relation to data requests, including preparation and review of follow up queries and correspondence with appropriate internal and external parties
- Preparing partnership tax computations and returns using the firm's standard software for internal review
- Organising, monitoring and managing your own workload
- Assisting in the development of colleagues as required, including delegation and coaching
- Working alongside the advisory teams to take the compliance offering to market.
- Drafting budgets and assisting with preparation and negotiations for new or repeat work. This is based on standard pricing structures in line with the firm's financial performance and risk management requirements
Essential Skills and Experience
- Qualified or part qualified CTA/ACA/ACCA with proven experience in a medium to large accountancy firm
- Strong tax skills and technical knowledge on preparation of computations and returns
- Tax literate, ideally with some experience of tax packages and very good excel spreadsheet skills
- Highly professional attitude to providing a quality service in a deadline driven environment.
- Self motivated with strong communication skills (written and oral). Demonstrate flexibility in changing client environments
- Ability to work in a team environment.
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other senior accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb at VANRATH or on LinkedIn in the strictest confidence.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.