A leading public sector employer requires a Senior Accountant to join their team, are you experienced within Financial Governance and keen to add value to a large organisation? This is an initial interim contract and it would be ideal if the incoming individual was available at short notice.
What's in it for you?
- £48,000 - £54,000
- Initial 6 month interim contract
- Free parking
- Significant scope for development
- Exposure to public sector
About your next employer
VANRATH are delighted to be working with a public sector employer in Antrim who are recruiting a Financial Controller to join their team for an initial timeframe of 6 months. This is an exciting opportunity to join a large public sector employer who provide an essential service to the local communities. This is initially an interim contract role for a period of 6 months, however, the organisation are renowned for providing external contractors the opportunity to secure permanent contracts.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Financial Controller will assist with the Financial Accounting and Services Assistant Director with the delivery of the financial governance of the organisation. To be considered for this role it is essential to be a fully qualified, along with at least 2 years experience working in a senior management role, with evidence of continuing professional development.
- Qualified Accountant, ideally with 5 years post qualified experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- IT literate including strong reporting skills (MS Excel)
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills
What you'll do
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial & accounting systems, processes
- Work closely with internal audit and directorates to ensure effective input to audit work
- Ensure all tasks and functions within the department are maintained on an ongoing basis
- Ensure the appropriate governance and risk management arrangements are in place
- Promote a culture of learning and development
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or Northern Ireland, apply via the link below or contact Dan Morgan for a confidential chat today.