Are you a Senior Accountant with significant post-qualification experience who is keen to join a recognisable public sector employer in Belfast?
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- £48,000 - £53,000
- Immediate start
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office)
- Initial 6-month contract
VANRATH are pleased to be exclusively recruiting for a Senior Accountant for a large, public sector body based in Belfast. The Senior Accountant role will suit a strong all-round qualified accountant with significant post-qualification experience gained managing a medium-sized team, excellent interpersonal and technical skills, and with a keenness to develop their experience within the public sector in a managerial capacity.
The vacancy has arisen to cover a departing secondment who plays a key role in the central finance team and ideally requires an immediate start to permit a full handover. The Senior Accountant will be joining an established department within the organisation, and although initially an interim role, this could lead to a longer term contract.
The Ideal Person
If you've 3+ years' experience working in Senior Finance role and are available at short notice:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with minimum 1 year's management experience
- Strong reporting skills
- Ability to work productively and flexibly while meeting deadlines
- Strong work ethic and comfortable in a deadline driven industry
As a Senior Accountant you will:
- Maintaining effective financial controls and delivery of financial accounting and financial management information for the organisation
- Support the Director of Finance in the preparation of statutory accounts
- Prepare annual accounts summary and commentary for annual reports
- Develop and maintain systems and controls for the accurate recording of all transaction, expenditure, accruals and prepayments
- Interpret and analysis of KPI's for managers in accordance with organisations requirements
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Dan Morgan in the strictest confidence.